Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi............I bought a new 24"Platinum SHO and used it for the first time today. Works fine but I noticed when I first started it, there was some knocking and I could see that the auger was turning intermittently without the drive engaged. I thought maybe the belts needed to be broken a little but even after I finished with the snow it was still doing the same thing. Are the belts too tight?

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Before I adjusted the belts I'd make sure the choke was off and the throttle was at max. It's easy to turn the throttle down while adjusting the choke. Take a good look at the grey ring around the choke.
If that's not it, here's a good video on adjusting snowblower belts:

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Hi............I bought a new 24"Platinum SHO and used it for the first time today. Works fine but I noticed when I first started it, there was some knocking and I could see that the auger was turning intermittently without the drive engaged. I thought maybe the belts needed to be broken a little but even after I finished with the snow it was still doing the same thing. Are the belts too tight?

Thanks
check the adjustment on the belts. and make sure something is not binding up in there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the belt cover off and found that one side of the belt guard was not correctly set. Manual calls for 3mm clearance and it was actually touching the front belt. It appears that this would not allow the belt to completely move away from the pulley resulting in drag on the forward belt. At least this is my assessment because once I reset the guard to the recommended clearance the auger and impeller do not rotate without being engaged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts