Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have really enjoyed this forum. I usually post to the Craftsman Forum because that's what I have. I recently came across an Ariens Model#924125 Serial#010651. It has 11.5hp Tecumseh Snow King Model#OH318SA The gentleman has had it 2 years and upgraded to a blade on his tractor. He says everything on it is in working order. I am curious what a fair price for this unit would be? He's asking $500. I am going to make the 1.5-hour trek to his place on Wednesday evening to make sure it looks as good as the pictures. Could someone tell me what year this thing is? What do I need to be on the lookout for? I look forward to hearing from everyone. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Great machine, I have a 11526 which is the same machine with a 26" bucket but mine needs some work but the 924 series machines are thought to be the best Ariens made, I will find out as it's my first 924 series but I DO like the differential on them and the 11 1/2 HP will be nice for the end of driveway. I also had a ST926 that was also a 924 series about a year ago but sold it before the snow came ( I buy fix and sell them) That one was in nearly new condition and it sold easily for $600 so if it is in nice shape and runs well $500 is a decent price, Not the best for this tie of year but if it's a good shape it may be worth it.

Reactions: Bash Rip Rock

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
2nd completely Dauntae. If you need it, buy it, otherwise someone else will. Ask if he'll come down $50?

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
Its about 2004, plus or minus a year.
About 15 years old, which for a well-maintained snowblower, is nothing.
(Im using a 50 year old Ariens, no issues)

I agree, $500 seems reasonable. Its a "higher-end" model, not technically Pro series, but just nearly so.
An equivalent model new, higher-end consumer series, would likely be around $1,500.

$500 is maybe a bit high for July, but if he doesn't get a buyer at $500 in the Summer, he definitely will in November..
So, if everything looks good, might be good to pick it up now.

According to the model number, it does *not* have a differential, which might be a factor. (makes it harder to turn, although in snow, turning usually isnt a big problem without a differential..but turning is nicer with a differential.)
This is model ST11528LE.
The "LE" stands for Light and Electric Start.
With these late-model 924000 series, the "Pro series" machines are DLE, Differential, Light, Electric Start.
So this machine is one step below the Pro Series..basically the same as the Pro series but without a differential.

https://scotlawrence.github.io/ariens/Page7.html

Scot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts