Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...I'm new here and new to Ariens. Just wanted to say I enjoy all the info I've gotten from all of you and that it's been very helpful. I purchased a new leftover Deluxe 24 921031 with the Briggs Polar Force 1150. I'm very impressed with it and it performed flawlessly this past winter. Could I get some opinions on my machine, knowing the newest ones have the auto turn and the slightly
larger Ariens engine, hopefully I didn't settle for something inferior or outdated. Thanks...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Welcome to the forum Garnet!
As long as it does what you need it to do (and it sounds like it does) why worry? New machines with new bells and whistles come out every year. Lots of folks on this forum are using machines (especially Ariens) that are likely older than you are and are perfectly happy with how they work. If you kept waiting in case something better just might come along, you would still be shovelling and that would just be sad. :D. I hate shovelling. ;)

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hi garnet
Welcome to the Forum. Always something bigger and shinier, isn't there? Reminds me of an old song..."If we all could wear green glasses, now, it wouldn't be so hard...
To see how green the grass is in our own...back...yard. MH

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think there is an upgrade kit for the auto-turn if you wanted to add it. Since you're already impressed with it and it performed well, anyone else's opinion doesn't really matter because it fits your needs. With that said, my opinion is you have a good machine and will enjoy it for many years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for responding, all. You're right I'm happy with it and she runs excellent. What more can I ask for?

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Now it's time for an Impeller modification and LED lights ;)

Please consider adding a location to your profile so it pops up in your posts.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Usually with adding LEDs you'll need to add/build a rectifier to convert the produced AC to DC to drive the LED. The components are easy to get on line and simple to install and the LED(s) lighting is far superior.
Do you have an idea of how may watts you're engine will support ??

The first few pages of the thread in the link below explain it pretty well along with specific parts. The bulk of this thread is different members asking about their machines and some photos of their setups and night time photos showing their lights.
http://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/general-snowblower-discussion/6602-upgrading-your-snowblower-lights-led-lights.html

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Welcome'from the Keystone State.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent I'll check that out. Don't know how many watts it can handle but I'm sure I can find out from Briggs or the dealer. Good info thank you!

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You have a great machine there. With proper maintenance it will last you for years. PLUS this forum does have a direct contact with the Ariens mothership (corporate) if you really get in a bind. Mary Lyn has been a huge resource for members her. She even got Dan Ariens Prez or CEO (not sure what the big dog's title is) in one members issues, and got the problem solved in the middle of the worst snow fall season the Northeast has seen.

Now time for some mod's.
Armorskids
LED's as allready noted
Heated hand grips, (might wanna check with your dealer if your rig can handle that)
Baffle (to reduce the snow from puking out the upper left side of the bucket)

Here is what I have done to my Ariens. Yes another shameless plug

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For some reason I can't play the video, comes back with an error. I'll tell you tho, the armor skids look like a nice addition. Much more surface area. You guys are great people...very helpful. Quick question for anyone who can answer, I have about 6 hours on the machine and I've got a fair amount of black dust(very fine like lint)on the inside when I removed the pully cover. I'm assuming it's normal just from the belts working correct?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts