Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I found this forum and decided to join. I just picked up a Sno-Tek 24" snow blower. I'm looking to install snow blower skids and tire chains on it. This weekend I'm doing a break-in, drain and refill of full synthetic oil. So then bring on the white stuff! :)

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice machine.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Welcome aboard, DW! Make sure you need the chains.... I've never used/needed the ones I have.

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I have heard it is best to do the break in under a load. Of course then you might get stuck doing your first oil change during a blizzard.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I have heard it is best to do the break in under a load. Of course then you might get stuck doing your first oil change during a blizzard.
+1.

Break-in occurs under load. Change the oil at 5hrs or when convenient.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Chains are ideal for machines with the old turf tires. The tires that are on the new snowblowers these days, either the Snow Hogs or X-Tracs, are perfectly fine without the assistance of chains.

I've been partial to break-in with a quality conventional oil then switch right to full synthetic. But as mentioned before, it's best to do it under load.

Welcome to the site

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! I believe my snow blower has x -tracks on it. As far as break-in, I'm just letting her run about10 min at a time and shut her down to cool. I have wheeled it around under its own power with the auger going. I've only done this for a minute or two.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not a newbie to small engines tho. Every piece of equipment that I have runs great! I am doing break in on conventional oil, then switching to synthetic. Hopefully this machine rocks like a lot of reviews I have read!

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
hello dwblue, welcome to SBF and congrats! I'm over on the west side near dearborn

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lotta good detail here. Enjoy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts