Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
There is no such thing as too much HP. a 13hp or Predator 420 sounds just about right. Apparently you guys have every tried to move what was left behind by the snowblower here in the upper midwest? you should try it sometime- there is no such thing when it comes to too much HP
What's "upper midwest" to you? Did it for years in the Keewenaw in the UP of Michigan, centered in Lake Superior with an Ariens 10K 24" with a 7HP Tec flathead, and almost never felt underpowered . . .

·
Registered
146 Posts
The extra horsepower could also destroy the gear assembly. Adding a larger pulley will make it even worse. As long as you can still get parts to repair it, I would try it. Otherwise go for a Predator 208cc and increase the impeller drive pulley a 1/4".

·
Registered
607 Posts
I think the gear case reasoning is off base. Ariens found That case strong enough to put on at least a 8/32" wide blower [924054]. If it is strong enough for that, it can take additional torque on a 24" blower.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Fellow 924 series owner with a gx390 here....

If it is running the stock pulley, it won't throw that far. I would recommend a larger auger pulley and the impeller mod.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Just for funzies, what if someone wanted to throw snow over the top of their neighbors 2 story house. What kind of pulley setup do you think they would be looking for?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts