Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi. I have to two blowers, a small single stage toro 2450 witch i use on my snow plowing route. I like it because its easy to whip in and out of the truck to do walkway's. The second one is a 1969 ariens that one of my lawn/snow customers asked me if I could take it to the dump. So I put in my trailer and took it home. Knowing it was not used and sitting out side for four years. It does not look that bad for sitting out side that long.A little rust on the wheels,engine and the white handle bars.After sitting in my snowmobile trailer a since july I took it out the last week of dec. Drained the gas,rebuilt the carb, pulled the cord 9 or 10 time and she fired up. After using it in some fluffy snow it would stall, let it sit a few mins would start right up. To test if it had a bad spark plug wire I put snow on it and it stalled. Igot a new coil,plug, points and condeser and know she fires in one pull.:D
I thought I brought home a late seventy's 24' 5 horse machine till I found scot's web site. Witch led me to here (THANKS) . With his info found my blower to be a 1969. The ariens has saved me a lot of time at my house with my long walks and making a path threw the yard for my old blind yellow lab. I think some one above was telling me to take the blower home because we are getting alot of snow this year (60' in four weeks) and my wife thought I was crazy.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome to the site! Great job bringing the old girl back to life.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts