Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
wish you lots of luck zavie.

toro seems to have a love affair with china for some time, steel, motors,bearings,Than what company today hasn't gone the out source route to make more on the bottom line. so they can go the box store sales/eye candy route

personally i have had to many issues with new toro tools a 38801 powermax and a 20378 mower , starts with to much made in china being used .
Actually Toro assembles most of their products in the US and Mexico although I’m sure a lot of their parts are sourced from China just like everyone else’s. I wonder if this will start to change after COVID’s supply disruptions. I’ve personally had very good luck with new Toro’s and I consider the build quality right up there with Ariens, which I also own. I think the only brand built better then Toro is Honda and Yahmaha, which are out of my price range unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
toro seems to have a love affair with china for some time, steel, motors,bearings,Than what company today hasn't gone the out source route to make more on the bottom line. so they can go the box store sales/eye candy route

personally i have had to many issues with new toro tools a 38801 powermax and a 20378 mower , starts with to much made in china being used .
It's not that Toro has a love affair with China, it's American's insatiable appetite for buying cheap and upgrading when the next new model comes along. Also, investors wants dividends. We are responsible for this.

I bought two expensive Honda snowblower many years ago. One was made in Japan and one was made in America. I didn't care where it was made. It was a quality machine and I was willing to pay for it. If it was made in China and it was what I want it, I would still buy it. Ariens products were made in the USA, I don't have Ariens products because they didn't have anything that appeals to me. Bright orange paint, thick steel panels and cheesy marketing doesn't make a snowblower. I also have Craftsman, Snapper, Toro, John Deere, Stihl, Echo, Honda, Dodge, BMW, products just to name a few.

There are plenty of quality brands made in China. DJI, Apple, AKG. Once America gets over the stigma of China, they move on the next third world industrialized victim to blame. Ask your CEOs why they don't make things here. Because, we don't want to pay for the CEO's lofty salary, workers benefits, vacations, health care. Every company worries about the bottom line, profit, big or small. If you don't make profit, you don't stay in business. Some companies and CEO's livelyhood is from quarter to quarter. Why do they care if your favorite brand is made in China? They are constantly looking to jump into the next ship that isn't sinking. Do you see resumes with 5+ employers in a period of 10 years is a sign a successful person?

Sorry to rant, and I'm not picking on you. But the perception that Chinese made products are junk is myopic and happens too often. We've taken advantage of overseas cheap labor and the people willingness to work for next to nothing to just support their family. Here we worry about the next big SUV with 300+ hp with monstrous 20inch wheels, 5000 square foot houses, Ring doorbell, year round temperature controlled houses, and the next newest iPhone. We pay for people to mow our lawn after we spend $100 a month on water July to August to keep it green. Then we spent money on health clubs to keep ourselves in shape, when we could keep in shape taking care of our houses.

We don't make many things here, but we are critical about where things are made. We are movie and food critics, (non-creators) consuming and submitting our reviews. It's easy, thumbs up, like, cut and paste, sharing our opinions how they don't make them like they used to.

The bottom line is that " We DON'T make them like WE used to. "

21 - 22 of 22 Posts