Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Toro website, and see they have upgraded a significant part of the single stage lineup. The new 821's caught my eye, as they seem to have engines almost 25% larger (252cc) and 3 quart fuel tanks.

Anybody else have any info ? Cant wait to see them on the floor soon.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
That thing is a beast! We will be seeing a bunch of those in the back of pickup trucks belonging to the parking lot snow removal crews. Steel chute, interesting...or maybe it's still plastic...?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That thing is a beast! We will be seeing a bunch of those in the back of pickup trucks belonging to the parking lot snow removal crews. Steel chute, interesting...

Only issue could be weight. I know a few solo guys who keep the old 2 stroke machines running since there easier to lift into dump trucks with Sanders.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I do not think he will not sell many of them leaving the chutes off.

I wish Toro would bring back their 2 stage two cycle snow blowers.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do not think he will not sell many of them leaving the chutes off.

I wish Toro would bring back their 2 stage two cycle snow blowers.
Dont think the 2 strokes will come back. EPA emissions laws.

My snowmobile is a 4 stroke, cleaner and easier to build, no smoke or smell. I really like it.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
My local Toro dealer is a family member. I saw this thread and messaged him about them. He sent me the photos as he was just unboxing them. I could have pushed for more info but knew he was busy. Perhaps I'll stop in on Monday.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My local Toro dealer is a family member. I saw this thread and messaged him about them. He sent me the photos as he was just unboxing them. I could have pushed for more info but knew he was busy. Perhaps I'll stop in on Monday.
What a lucky guy:grin: . Toro only has last years brochure still up. I'll keep checking in. Thanks

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Dont think the 2 strokes will come back. EPA emissions laws.

My snowmobile is a 4 stroke, cleaner and easier to build, no smoke or smell. I really like it.
That's for sure. Today it's all about plug and play, no mix no mess.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Very cool! I think an 821 is a great idea. I'd like to get a 721. I think my 221 is really nice, my only "complaint" would be that more power could make it even more useful, with bigger storms. And an 821 would be even better than a 721.

Are the RC models good? I really like the QuickShoot on mine, it seems like a shame to give that up.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I was on Toro's site and it does look like the 721's are new also. What stands out that the handle does appear to be longer. If you stop by could you confirm this? Just wondering if I could order a new handle and convert mine to the new longer handle.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Quick chute was a great thing without quick chute operators are going to be lazy and blow snow where it should not go. I spring loaded cutting edge appears to be new design with steel and plastic on the 721rc commercial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Purchasing an 821RC or QZE

Looking at the Toro website, and see they have upgraded a significant part of the single stage lineup. The new 821's caught my eye, as they seem to have engines almost 25% larger (252cc) and 3 quart fuel tanks. Anybody else have any info ? Cant wait to see them on the floor soon.
I had a look at my local dealership and they have 25 in stock. I am looking to buy and am trying to decide between the 821RC and the 821QZE. The RC has extended life paddles, whereas the QZE has electric start and remote chute control operated by a cable and regular paddles. Both blowers weigh about 95lbs, a little heavier due to bigger motor.

My only concern with the QZE would be the cable freezing up. The RC is simpler, and freezeup not an issue. Once the paddles wore out I could replace with extended life paddles.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
My only concern with the QZE would be the cable freezing up. The RC is simpler, and freezeup not an issue. Once the paddles wore out I could replace with extended life paddles.

I have a 2008 model "421-QZE" Power Clear bought new and have NEVER had the cables freeze. The Quick chute moves easily and eliminates reaching over the handle to change direction at the end of each pass.

The Zip deflector is nice but still requires a reach over to adjust.

The Electric start is also nice but I think I have used it once, when I forgot to turn the ignition on and thought the engine was just being difficult to start. :banghead:

I use the standard paddles and normally replace them every two or three seasons, along with the scraper bar.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
The only part about Quick Shoot that surprised me a bit is that it's difficult to re-aim while blowing a bunch of snow. With more snow going through the chute, the chute wants to tilt, and (mine, at least) kinda binds up. I could probably force it to re-aim, but I don't want to stress the mechanism needlessly.

I haven't had issues with the cable freezing, in my limited usage this past winter. But this year I'll probably be storing it out in the shed, vs the garage, so any water may be more likely to freeze. There are probably options to help keep the top of the cable sealed, if it was a problem. Either some sort of rubber cap, or maybe wrapping the end of the cable with Teflon tape, something like that.

I do appreciate the simplicity of the RC-style control. But I really like the convenience of Quick Shoot. My 2-stroke is very easy to pull-start. Thus far, I don't mind not having electric start.

I'm glad they made an 821, I think the extra power could really help keep it a mechanically-simple machine (more than the SnowMaster), but allow it to handle bigger storms. Meaning you could probably manage larger storms, while still clearing faster & easier than a 2-stage.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had a look at my local dealership and they have 25 in stock. I am looking to buy and am trying to decide between the 821RC and the 821QZE. The RC has extended life paddles, whereas the QZE has electric start and remote chute control operated by a cable and regular paddles. Both blowers weigh about 95lbs, a little heavier due to bigger motor.

Wow, sounds like a big dealer. Think my dealers will be putting out winter stock now that we've hit Labor day.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's for sure. Today it's all about plug and play, no mix no mess.
Pouring a little bottle of oil into a container of gas is NEVER messier than changing oil on a 4 stroke engine. That is a fallacy. Its about "low hanging fruit" emissions. The two strokes are lighter and better in my opinion.

The same people who complain about "mixing gas and oil" never seem to have any problem getting the cream and sugar into their coffee just right...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts