Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to me Jacobsen 26 model 52624 7426 w/ Tecumseh H70-130065 Serial 0121 06508. Fires up. Leaking fuel out of top of carb where choke comes out. but will put in new shut off valve for now and work on cleaning / repairing down the road. Will post pics etc. Don't know the exact year -- maybe someone can tell based on info. Based on the lack of safety features and no primer bulb -- think it's pre 1973. Any feedback would be appreciated. Will post pics soon. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
New to me Jacobsen 26 model 52624 7426 w/ Tecumseh H70-130065 Serial 0121 06508. Fires up. Leaking fuel out of top of carb where choke comes out. but will put in new shut off valve for now and work on cleaning / repairing down the road. Will post pics etc. Don't know the exact year -- maybe someone can tell based on info. Based on the lack of safety features and no primer bulb -- think it's pre 1973. Any feedback would be appreciated. Will post pics soon. Thanks.
================================

Your Jake is from the 1971 production year. I have 3 of the 26" models, plus one I bought for parts. ---- John

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I just picked up one a few days ago in great shape for $25......I'm all excited to get it in the shop tomorrow and go through it. I fired it up on ether when I unloaded it from the truck..good spark and electric start works...carb needs attention. It looks like a tank!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks John,
The guy I bought it from thought it was 20 years old -- lol. I knew it had to be older just based on lack of safety.
Seems like a great machine. Will probably do the same -- pick up an extra or two for parts.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Will check out - Tks dB. Anyone convert over old carb w no push ball primer to new carb?
I wouldn't bother..a new carb will likely be low-quality made in China, probably worse than the original Tecumseh carb..
and you dont even need the primer, its not necessary.

If its below 25F (-4C) or so, give a squirt of starter fluid right into the carb bowl.
thats what I do with my '71 Ariens, works just fine.

Scot

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I've got mine dismantled for painting today.....paint isn't to bad, but faded and some rust coming through. I used three carbs to make one, first time I've had an idle screw so frozen it broke off in the carb.....running good now. Spent Sunday freeing up the transmission. Everything is working good now, axle bushings are just slightly worn but not enough to rebush. New tubes....now a coat of paint while I have the wheels off. I don't know why I have this disease...I just get such a kick out of saving these old machines. Anyone know what belt size fits this? It looks identical to Jacobsen26's. Model number 52625 serial 6043. Waterlooboy? I'll take pictures Jacobsen 26 once I get her pretty.

·
Retired Moderator
9,928 Posts
I have a 626 mod #58401, 6hp and in my reference it says it uses two JA335453 they are 41" X .5" http://www.jsesc.com/Catalog/Results...ER=%20JA335453

I found this one on ebay http://www.jackssmallengines.com/jac...t/oregon/75441 but it's not giving any dimensions. Might be able to look them up with a search.

In case you need the drive belt down the road - > 52620, 52624, 52625, 52630 - Drive 331325 3/8 x 40 https://www.jsesc.com/Catalog/Product.aspx?cd=ste265496

Belt PN listing with sizes HOMELITE Belt size, length, width for HOMELITE belts by part number.

This is what I found with a little searching. Please double check my research before ordering to make sure it's the right part for YOUR machine !! Might want to check for best price and delivery time from different suppliers. Don't forget to check local big box or hardware stores too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
================================

Your Jake is from the 1971 production year. I have 3 of the 26" models, plus one I bought for parts. ---- John
Hi , there is a lot of great info on here , I also have one of these imperial 26 I'm rebuilding , if I could ask , how do You figure out the year it was made ? Thank You !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, there is a lot of great info on here, I also have one of these imperial 26 I'm rebuilding , if I could ask , how do You figure out the year it was made? As im trying to find a belt for it . My ser. # 52620-2368 Thank You !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts