Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am new here and I have always been a Toro guy but just picked up a real nice vintage Ariens 924000 series that is a sweet heart of a machine, 8hp 32 inch scoop and runs great!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Welcome! How about a photo? Upload to postimage.org and paste the "Forum Link"

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Twin Stick 32 is My Go To Machine. Gotta Love the Quality Built into them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the twin sticks are very under rated....I get them for $50 or less all the time.....of course they need some TLC LOL......
I picked this beautiful machine up off of facebook marketplace for $100. Looks to have very low hours on it, I am gonna go through the machine, change the oil, flush/clean the tank & carb and get it ready for winter. Can't wait!!:snow48:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have 2 similar machines - a 28 inch with the similar round bucket and a 33 (32?) inch with the flat boxy style bucket - both start on pretty much the 1st pull and have moved a lot of snow over the years - congrats on getting it

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Excellent find- a superb machine in great condition. As Cranman suggested, get some Carlisle Snow Hog or X Trac tires on that beast.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I have its twin which I just was given by a neighbor. Ill snap a picture and post it later to day.

I have it apart now, as I had to replace the hand pull cable, as well as the electric starter gear.

I also ordered a new carburetor for only 13.00, not even going to bother with the old one at that price, Ill shelve it for a later thorough cleaning, ran new gas line, ordered new axle bracket bushings, replacing missing bolts and cleaning it up and doing some surface rust clean and repaint. Ohh, and put on some XTrac, I usually use the Snow Hogs, but going to try the XTrac, as my Craftsman, which I just put in working order, came with them, they look nice and aggressive.

LOL, ... this makes 6 machines I have now ... 4 Ariens, my fathers old Yardman 7100, and a Craftsman 5.5 HP , w/electric start I just put back in running condition. ... I like my toys ...:)

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Forgot to mention, you can fix the end of your chute rod by just cutting a wooden dowel, drill through the center, and slip a locking tab cap on the end to hold the dowel from slipping of. Lowes or Home Depot or your local hardware will have those locking caps in all sizes ... I keep assorted sizes on hand, as they are very useful.

Or just order the part. ... :)

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
@Malish,

I had one Ariens I received that I had to take a chisel to remove all the caked on grease and sludge ... LOL ... his looks clean compared to what I have seen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys! I will look into the sno hogs & impeller kit. After doing some research on the Ariens Sno thro site, it appears as this is a very early build '74...1673rd machine off the assembly line and the serial numbers match on both tractor & scoop which apparently is quite rare :icon-shrug:, does anyone know of a earlier build of this series or how long it would of taken the factory to build 1673 machines...a week,a month?? I am interested to know just HOW early it is! lol I am going to be bummed if we don't have a good winter! :grin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts