Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a #10995,with a 5 hp.

I thought it was a 7hp when I bought it
Anyway,runs like a dream,safety features were definitely at minimum in 1969 or so.
Love the electric start plug in by the carb.
The chute works perfect.
Anyway,thought I’d share as I don’t find many of these old units here in Ontario,Canada.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Yes its an oldie. Looks solid. Im curious thou, What are the handles for down by the impeller housing. Havent seen one like this before. Good luck with it. They dont build em like they used to!!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Yes its an oldie. Looks solid. Im curious thou, What are the handles for down by the impeller housing. Havent seen one like this before. Good luck with it. They dont build em like they used to!!
The handle by the impeller housing is to engage and disengage the auger. Little slower and dangerous, isn't it!

Reactions: Prime

·
Registered
871 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
hope u didnt pay close to what this guy is asking for his old ariens from brampton ontario, looks to be same vintage, or am i missing something here
I have THREE runners just like that I'd sell for the same price. Wonder how hard it would be to get them across the border? If they are worth $600 each in the Great White North, I'd consider a trip. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have THREE runners just like that I'd sell for the same price. Wonder how hard it would be to get them across the border? If they are worth $600 each in the Great White North, I'd consider a trip. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
posted over a month ago, 78 visits, its not going anywhere fast, maybe ~$300can which is about $200us, assuming it doesnt need parts and u have chains already

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sell 7 or 8 hp 924 series 24 “ with electric starters for $399 ,for the #10995 I’m asking $300 canadian.
Nice paint 924 series with differentials and electric start bring more $
I sell 2 dozen units a winter
The $600 unit on kijjij must be special LOL

Thanks,

·
Registered
871 Posts
I sell 7 or 8 hp 924 series 24 “ with electric starters for $399 ,for the #10995 I’m asking $300 canadian.
Nice paint 924 series with differentials and electric start bring more $
I sell 2 dozen units a winter
The $600 unit on kijjij must be special LOL

Thanks,
where in ontario, im assuming not in gta

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I think the 924 series is alot safer,but if you can run it, the earlier models are bullet proof.
My first was a #91008 I got in 1973, it was a little safer, I still have it
I buy all the Ariens in my area , fix them and resell them.
Its a hobby.

But you’re correct , the 10995 series is unsafe,I guess its the corvair of the Ariens lineup.
Someone will buy it.

I am in London,Ontario

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Sweet machine!

yeah, they're definitely not the safest arrangements in the world... you appreciate how close your hand is from catastrophe when you engage the clutch with the belt-cover off. :surprise: :grin:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Starts in 1-2 pulls,Runs great ,blows snow.
No compression test required.
I did get it a new sparkplug and cleaned the carb,even changed the oil.
same with a '71 524 that I recently grabbed. basic surgery and it runs / blows surprisingly well. I was also fooled by the regular frame engine...thought i was going for a 6 or 7hp.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm not particularly worried about the safety aspects of the old Ariens blowers. You have to remember which end of the dog has the teeth, as they say. All snowblowers should demand an equal amount of respect, even if they are equipped with modern 'idiot proof' safety features. Keep the kids and pets inside the house and move slowly and carefully when using the controls and they will get the job done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts