Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isn't Noma popular enough to have a forum for them?

Is there negativity about their blowers? What's wrong with them? That we shouldn't consider buying a used one?

I have a 5hp Noma, 24" width, 12" impeller rather than the usual 9" impeller on the same hp machines, I've seen 8hp with 9" impeller. It has a very high front, (scoop, housing) about 20" rather than the lower 16" or less, so large housing.

It's a good size machine, has some weight to it. Large knobby tires, easy to use, nice controls and cable setup, a slightly heavier plastic chute with a welded metal turning ring at the bottom with metal gearing. A good size gearbox. The belts are easy to change and of course a Tecumseh engine.

It's been a solid trouble free machine. I think they are well built. Unfortunately, they are not made anymore. Whoops. I believe they were consumed by Murray which was consumed into B&S.

·
Registered
397 Posts
JLawrence08648 said:
". . . Whoops. I believe they were consumed by Murray which was consumed into B&S . . ."
Yes, along with its predecessor AMF (American Machine and Foundry?) and other names like Dynamark and American Yard Products (AYP) and TurfMaster.

I guess everyone can't have their own Forum ?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
post a pic of that bad boy.
There's one pic in my album, my current correl, not sure if I want to correct it to coral. It's a Noma vs Ariens. I have 2 5hp snowblowers and thinking about getting rid of one, not sure if it's going to be the Noma 524 or the 1986 Ariens ST522. Soon I expect to post both with a description and put it up for a vote.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm with you on having a Noma division. I recently got a Spirit 1033 free and after posts in general and Murray sections I discovered it was a Noma. It would appear that it is identical or nearly so to a wide variety of makes. It would be interesting to chart the various lines made in the same factories. Maybe the answer is forum sections for factories making multiple brands. It is a bit like studying dinosaurs-when did they go from 2 horns to 3?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts