Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reposted from the member intro section:

New guy here with a problem. I have a NOMA Signature Model D2780-010 bought sometime in the early 1990's. It's an 8/27 made in Canada. I can't the manual or parts list (lost in move I guess). I am needful of a new impeller for same. I know that NOMA turned into Murray (I think) and is no longer supported by anyone as far as I can determine. I'm guessing this same impeller was used on other brands of snow blower. Can anyone me find one that will work? Thanks and regards, Woody

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That impeller would prob'ly work if it's not fixed to the shaft it's on and if the shaft size is 7/8".

·
Registered
397 Posts
Might need a little "heat", some Penetrating Oil, and a Puller.

You could ask the Seller about it being ⅞" Diameter.

I think that GearBox is worth more than the Impeller.

That Seller may have your Manual too ?

PS: What's PRK . . . . Reminds me of the People's Republic of Korea !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might need a little "heat" and a Puller. You could ask the Seller about it being ⅞" Diameter.

I think that GearBox is worth more than the Impeller.

That Seller may have your Manual too ?

PS: What's PRK . . . . Reminds me of the Peoples Republic of Korea !

Seller doesn't accept questions! My NOMA is not the same machine.
I don't live in Kalifornia but can darn sure see it from here.
Regards, Woody

·
Registered
397 Posts
". . . Seller doesn't accept questions . . ."
Scroll down to where it says "Ask a Question", right above the View Count.

I'm occasionally an eBay Seller myself, and I think all eBay Sellers have to entertain questions.

Meanwhile, there are other Impellers available on eBay . . . . and plenty of Impeller shafts (amazingly, all # 50660 !). It may be that all of them were ⅞" in diameter.

There may have been many Models; but as with most manufacturers, components like impellers, augers and gearboxes seldom changed across Models.

I'd contact one of the other Impeller Sellers; otherwise, you may be hunting for a long time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: ask seller a question: "We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

·
Registered
191 Posts
A seller that doesn't reply to emails is just slitting their own throat......or wrist.....flip a coin ............

·
Registered
397 Posts
On your behalf, I just asked the following questions:

Can you verify that the Impeller Shaft is ⅞" in Diameter ?

Has the Impeller been removed from the Shaft or will that require some work ?​

I'll let you know if and when I get a response.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone know the shaft diameter for 1501188E701MA: IMPELLER ASY,12IN MFH?

I think this one will work. Thanks, Woody

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think that's the correct washer for the Impeller Shaft; but these Shafts look like they've been machined down a mite narrower after they pass through the Impeller and approach the point where the rear mounting bearing would be positioned . . . . and where the Pulley would be mounted. The ID of the Impeller itself may still be a bit larger like the .875" that the OP believes it to be.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
The impeller does indeed sit on a 7/8" shaft. The shaft is turned down to 1/2" where the drive pulley mounts and is held in place with a 1/2" washer and nut.

I found the manual and parts list which says it's a Noma Canadiana. The machine itself says NOMA Signature made in Canada of course. The part number for the impeller is 11555-830 which so far has done me no good.

edit: I stand corrected, the shaft is 5/8 for the bearing and drive pulley.
Regards, Woody

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks to those who tried to help. After considerable search, my wife took the wrecked impeller to S & S Mfg. in Klamath Falls. They just called and said they'd done what they could with it and it's done. Will get it tomorrow. Woody

·
Registered
397 Posts
What was wrong with the Impeller . . . . this thread only told us that you needed a replacement ?

Apparently, it was still fixable.

My BlackSmith can "fix" almost anything . . . . provided I think of asking him !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts