Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Noma Single stage I picked up for $50 bucks to use on a small uneven slate sidewalk, model D2030010 and need to replace the auger belt. There are no markings on the old belt and I can`t find much info at all. Would anyone have any idea or suggestion on finding out which belt I need?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
A picture of your machine would help identify it. If your machine is like the Craftsman Murray\Noma I had, model 536.884351, the below links will help you. In the engine/drive section, the belt item #7, p/n 319596 six rib x 35" long will be what you need.

owners manual-
Parts-

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A picture of your machine would help identify it. If your machine is like the Craftsman Murray\Noma I had, model 536.884351, the below links will help you. In the engine/drive section, the belt item #7, p/n 319596 six rib x 35" long will be what you need.

owners manual-
Parts-
Okay, here are a few photos

Attachments

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Your machine looks EXACTLY like the Craftsman I had,and I would be 99% sure the links I posted would also apply to your machine. That belt cover is a pain in the butt to remove and replace.

Here is the belt-
Noma 319596ma belt | eBay

This is the Tecumseh engine service manual-
Text (barrettsmallengine.com)

Reactions: db130

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your machine looks EXACTLY like the Craftsman I had,and I would be 99% sure the links I posted would also apply to your machine. That belt cover is a pain in the butt to remove and replace.

Here is the belt-

Yes I agree and yes that cover is a pain. I`m ordering a belt today. Also the belt guide broke so I am going to fab up one from a 3/16" piece of stock. Thank you so much for the help(y)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
3/16" stock was to thick, so I bought a piece of 1/8" stock at Lowes and using the broken guide, made a duplicate. Now I just need to wait for the new belt to see if everything works

20201219_110327.jpg
20201219_124228.jpg

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
That uses a grooved belt. Toros use a grooved belt.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Here is the belt-

Well, I received the belt and it does not fit. It`s about 1/2" to short. I can barely get it on but there is zero slack with the auger handle disengaged. Sending it back. Looking for another option. One youtube video shows the Murray 333721 belt might fit but that`s a 10 rib belt versus a 6 rib belt. Not sure if i should try it or not.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally received the correct belt. It was a Murray OEM 36" belt. Installed it and now the thrower is working like a charm!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally received the correct belt. It was a Murray OEM 36" belt. Installed it and now the thrower is working like a charm!!
Please help me! I have this exact snow thrower and have been looking for a long time for the correct belt, when I search Murray OEM 36 in I can't find info.. would you happen to have the exact part number of the belt or where to purchase it?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tom glad to help. It was a Murray OEM 36" belt, #319596MA. I bought it on Ebay from equipatron . I have to tell you that I tried 2 other sellers that had replacement belts for #319596MA and both of them did not fit. One was 1/2" to long and the other was 1/2" to short. The belt MUST BE 36", that`s why it must be OEM. I emailed them before I bought it and had them measure the belt before I ordered it. Be wary of replacement belts from Amazon with this model #.
On a side note, I also needed a new auger belt for my 2 stage YardMan and could not locate a OEM 44" belt. I went to Advance Auto and told I needed a 1/2" x 44" belt and they brought out several that I measured right in the store. I found the right one and it is working just fine so if you can`t find the Murray try a auto parts store and bring a clothing measuring tape with you. Your belt must be 36" . Let me know how you make out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you so much for all the very helpful advice! Will definitely let you know how it goes, I've had this snow blower for quite some time as it's been passed down through the family but it still runs like a champ! But along with its age comes the difficulty in finding any information available on it, so I can't tell you how much I appreciate the help! As I've said it's the exact same model number and it was identical to the pictures you have posted so I think I should be good, thanks again!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts