Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He's looking to get $150. Probably worth it just don't know if its worth it to me. Sure would make my little Ariens nice though..can even put electric start on it..

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guess it was . Before EPA decided we shouldn't be smelling that wonderful aroma of freshly burnt paint.
But now that you say it it is a little strange they did it that way.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
I noticed the overspray as well, plus other questionable ...... I did not think they used the mitten handle back then.

I would still prefer the 130.00 Predator, but the dual shaft is getting harder to find, but for a blower, probably want the 212cc or 8 HP ... for a tiller, small blower, etc, should be fine.

jmho

·
Registered
701 Posts
Question for all you small engine gurus. I noticed a lot of overspray on the muffler and sparkplug was that common? Just curious.
My old tiller and mower was like that. They'd put the plug and muffler on before painting to keep the overspray out of the engine. Saved both time and a bit of money I suppose.

·
Registered
515 Posts
My old tiller and mower was like that. They'd put the plug and muffler on before painting to keep the overspray out of the engine. Saved both time and a bit of money I suppose.
I understand but then why is the bolt holding on the gas tank still black but the shutoff and hose are white? I am kind of quality driven sorry

·
Registered
701 Posts
I understand but then why is the bolt holding on the gas tank still black but the shutoff and hose are white? I am kind of quality driven sorry
I don't know. I didn't build it. You asked about the plug and muffler. If the paint overspray is bothersome take a pass.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts