Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did get 30 inches of snow. But it was the lightest snow of recent memory. IMO, ANY snowblower could have handled it (height of snow/bucket) aside.

I live less than 1/2 mile off the water.
Generally, the snow is heavy or medium wet to begin with.
They generally lay salt before the flakes begin, and continue laying salt like it's free.
So the EOD in general is usually a hotmess as it's wet, heavy and just pure mass.

With the blizzard like condition, they did not seem to lay salt until 2 days later.
Which is very unusual of the typical routine, but this is mainly because I presume they were busy plowing and plowing and plowing....
Add to that , the snow had no moisture to it.

OK,. I'm off my soapbox.
Just thinking outloud as we often associate youtube videos of impressive snowblowing distance as the de-facto standard. Buying decisions sometimes are made due to that....

Anyhow, I'll take 30 inches of what we got than a 6 inch of the wet stuff anyday.

I cannot even fathom that I'm saying this, but I probably spent 2/3 LESS time with this 30 inch EOD than dealing with the pre-brined salt laced EOD than is our typical wet snowfall + local salting efforts give me.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Wonder where these guys are, there should be a geographic location. I'll assume ones in deleware the other Pennsylvania

·
Registered
725 Posts
I know what you mean. Sometimes I'm out there and I can't help but think that this is the snow marketing people pray for when they need to shoot a promo video.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Not to potentially take anything away from our neighbors to the north, but I think that with their colder temps, their frozen precip tends to be a little fluffier. It may be different along the coast lines, because the moisture is probably higher. But I have been in the central US, when it was -35F, and the snow on the ground began to sublimate....Wild.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts