Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NwebieCan't find a continuation of " Upgrading your snowblower lights to LED"

I'm a newbie on this awesome site - still learning how to navigate around.

Can anyone tell me if there is (and how to find) a continuation of a thread that closed a year ago?
"Upgrading your snowblower lights to LED lights"

I'm awaiting deliveryof an Ariens 28 Pro Hydro that I will be converting the headlight to LED, and I want to see if there is any new information posted since the above thread closed.

Have not been able to find it but not sure I'm searching correctly.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Scott. This thread is incredibly informative. Since it ran for about 2-3 years, I just assumed that it died a natural death. However, so many people are making the conversions to LED, I assumed a new thread had been started but I have not been able to find it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the heads up on this bridge rectifier. The price is sure great. I note that it will only handle a max of 3A. Unfortunately I need 4A and have the parts to build my own that will have a rating beyond 5A.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Thank you for the heads up on this bridge rectifier. The price is sure great. I note that it will only handle a max of 3A. Unfortunately I need 4A and have the parts to build my own that will have a rating beyond 5A.
I'd be careful, you could be over stressing they charging system. If you have hand warmers, they use a lot of power. You could burn up the stator. I am putting 2 lights that are 18 watts, total. And I have hand warmers. I am about maxed out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts