Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..it's only available in the Japanese market, and I couldn't think of a better place to see if Yanmar Ronin might be able to locate any general knowledge of how this machine has been received in Japan and if there are any reviews pertaining to the fuel injected system the engine uses.

Cub Cadet is going to be introducing a lawn tractor with FI and a discussion about OPE with fuel injection technology was started on MLF. Honda's EU7000is generator which has been on the NA market for a couple of years has fuel injection, and Honda's HSL2511 snowblower, sold in Japan is also mentioned in Honda's Environmental Annual Report of 2014.

Honda Worldwide l Environmental Annual Report l Products : Power Products

With ever evolving and restrictive EPA standards, technology of this sort is most likely going to become common place in OPE one day. Not that we'll see it on our snowblowers soon, but the possibility exists for some applications.

We'll most likely never see this particular Honda here in our markets, but I was just wondering how the HSL2511 snowblower has been received in Japan, and what the reviews of it might be with regards to the FI engine and operation.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Truth be told... I dunno. I'll keep an eye peeled for something.

The village end-of-year meet and drink is this coming Sunday also, so I'll ask around and see what everyone thinks... that said my neighbors are all old farts, and like old farts everywhere they are usually fairly suspicious of 'new and improved'.

The only personal insight I have to offer on the Honda snow machines from what I've seen on the auctions etc. is, that while they have a pretty good chunk of the smaller blower market here, not so much the 'o-gata' or big machines. Of all the auction listings for Honda blowers up right now there's only three of those, including that HSL2511 I posted in the other thread, and no nibbles on any of 'em.

Suspect a lot of us old farts think alike.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I know you've got other things going on, so not a priority at all. I just can't say that I know a lot of folks in Japan to ask.:)

The old fart view is kind of the line being taken on MLF. If it ain't broke, don't fix it sort of reasoning, but with stiffer emission standards looming, such things just might happen. That EU7000is generator also has catalytic converter exhaust that meets the EPA Phase 3 standards. Something else we're apt to see one day too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts