Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw on tv weather the number of crippling northeast snow storms since 1956.

December 3
January 11
February 17
March 3

Hope is not lost, still have February!

In central west NJ just a hair north of Philadelphia, we have had 3 snows this year, one 2" , one 4" , one 1". Oh well, it was fun. Used my 9/27" (drive belt broke) & 10/29" once, and my single stage twice.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I just saw on tv weather the number of crippling northeast snow storms since 1956.

December 3
January 11
February 17
March 3

Hope is not lost, still have February!

In central west NJ just a hair north of Philadelphia, we have had 3 snows this year, one 2" , one 4" , one 1". Oh well, it was fun. Used my 9/27" (drive belt broke) & 10/29" once, and my single stage twice.
To get real snow you would have live in Sussex county. Here in Monmouth county its just annoying threats of slush. LOL

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Do you have the years on and or accumulations the those storms. I think ( especially here in New England) we are now better equipped and storms have less of a crippling impact. Just had about 18 inches January 3/4 and it had less impact on a storm a few years back that accumulated to about 12 inches if I recall. That storm fell during commuting hours and came down fast, about two inches per hour I believe. My self I prefer a good Friday night storm. I have all weekend to play in it.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yup, usually January~March are action filled here in NE. I'll never forget 2015, we had two small storms till January 25th 2015 and then had a Nor'easter on 25th that dumped 2' of snow in two days, from there on onwards we had a total of 110" total accumulation for the season, so yeah, dont put away those snowblowers just yet :D.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Just south of Monmouth and East of Lawrence, here at the peak of Mt Jackson in Ocean Co it’s been way too quiet a winter as well. Rather disappointing so far. 😕

·
Registered
902 Posts
when firefighters want a fire bad enough they go out and set one.

what can we do? i usually go out and wash the car but it does not always work.

Indian snow dance?

I had my car washed the other day, IT WORKED :surprise::surprise:

.... sort of as the following day we had freezing rain pretty much all day. :icon-thumbsdown::icon-thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Orengputeh Sell all your snowblowers. See how quick it comes down. That's what I do. Or maybe people are buying them all up just before a storm?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Before getting hooked into this whole snowblower thing, I never wanted it to snow. But NOW?! I can't wait to see how well my blower works after the repairs I made!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
We've had quite a lot so far here. Since early December, my blower has seen somewhere between 12 to 15 hours of runtime. I don't know for sure since it doesn't have a timer.

Biggest in a single snowfall this winter was 16" a few days before Christmas. The biggest I had to tackle with it was in March 2017 where we got almost 30" in a single storm.

·
Registered
842 Posts
in my 71 years i've seen and been though many a winter mess in jersey, to many a nor'easter. to many deep snow falls many back to back, spent many days digging out snow,
how about march 1962 when LBI became 4 islands when the ocean meet the bay in 3 spots,1 in holgate 2 in harvey cedars,missed our place by 4 blocks each way yet moved many houses just a few hundred feet away , 50 years later, N.J. remembers the storm that swallowed the Jersey Shore | NJ.com

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Yeah, this winter does feel like it's fizzled...again. I was doing another fall clean up on the weekend :( Leaves everywhere from the big winds we get.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts