Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was told to join the Power Equipment Forum but could not get in.

I have just a simple question. When I put away my four cycle snow blower for the off season, I add Mystery oil to the gas in the tank and let it run until it stops. Can I do the same thing with a two cycle engine?

I wish I could get onto that other forum.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
Couple follow-up questions. 1) Does the fuel you're using in the 2-stroke equipment contain any ethanol? 2) Are you using a "dedicated" fuel stabilizer like Startron or Stabil in addition to the Mystery Oil in the 2-stroke equipment when you're putting it away for the season. If not, I would highly recommend adding the correct amount of Starton or Stabil to your gas can either before or after you mix your 2-stroke engine oil with your gasoline. Most 2-cycle oils contain fuel stabilizer, but still good practice to add some Startron or Stabil just for a little added protection. And to answer your question, yes you can even add a couple ounces of Marvel Mystery oil to the gas tank on your 2-stroke equipment before running it dry for the season.

Reactions: JLawrence08648

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was a hand me down. I doubt that there was any stabilizer in it. I drained the gas tank and was thinking about putting a small amount of gas oil in it and some mystery oil in it and running it until it stops. I hope that it starts. It had not been used for a couple of years.

·
Registered
1971-72 910962 s/n-03101 att.-910995 s/n-048006 TEC# H70-130067A s/n-1218R
68 Posts
My lawn tool power equipment that are 2stroke I use the ethanol free premix stuff from local hardware store yeah more expensive but sure does keep well even if it ends up being a couple years. And do not treat them with anything.
My Kids 2 stroke Quads get drained both tank and carb. Never added anything.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
I run regular gas...same as in my car along with whatever oil I get my hands on... 2 cycle , 1020-1040 in my summer use outboard engines. Never add other stuff to the fuel mixture. Been doing it for years, never a problem.

·
Super Moderator
1,607 Posts
Hi,

I was told to join the Power Equipment Forum but could not get in.

I have just a simple question. When I put away my four cycle snow blower for the off season, I add Mystery oil to the gas in the tank and let it run until it stops. Can I do the same thing with a two cycle engine?

I wish I could get onto that other forum.

Thanks.
you need to send a note to the ADMIN of the site telling them what's happening most likely your being blocked because you use to many IP addresses i see 20 in here which raises spam flags

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you need to send a note to the ADMIN of the site telling them what's happening most likely your being blocked because you use to many IP addresses i see 20 in here which raises spam flags
I did . I am waiting for a reply. Do you think my using a VPN messes thing up?

·
Super Moderator
1,607 Posts
YES thats the problem in my mind as i thought you were using one bouncing around from Trinidad and Tobago ,North Sumatra ,San Antonio ,Serbia all over the world, it's simple the software thinks your a spammer

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Captchas, I tried another browser that was not VPN and got it to work. Did you actually see Trinidad and Tobago ,North Sumatra ,San Antonio ,Serbia all over the world from my posting here?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts