Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
With the mask, gloves and associated rags, I thought it was an episode of "Dr. Pimple Popper". The Japanese are very disciplined and precise.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nice find.

White top during an oil change - brave man!!

I was virtually knocking on the screen, so wanting to pass him my 3/8 socket & extension when he was trying to get the drain bolt off!!

Although I will be sending him a link for the syringes I use for refilling the fresh oil!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I thought that the oil drain receptacle was interesting. I also liked his little cardboard oil tray and the oil pour jug with spout that he used.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Couldn't help but wonder - why not cover the cardboard tray in aluminum foil so he doesn't have to make a new one every time...

·
Registered
250 Posts
syringes lol you use syringes ????
Yes.

Just like I do to refill my car's 2 differentials, I now also use a syringe on Parker.

I fill a (clean!!) glass jar with the required amount of oil and then draw it up into the syringe, measuring as i go. Then gently feed the fresh oil into the filler neck.

The fact that the syringes have the voulme markers printed on the side of the tube, you know exactly how much oil you are putting in the engine.

As a funnel is no longer needed, it reduces the risk of oil / foreign body contamination from the funnel.

Takes half the time that a funnel does, very accurate and no mess.

You can of course install a small piece of tubing to the nozzle of the syringe to get the oil in even further but I don't.

The syringes are resuable after cleaning.

Link below

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yes.

Just like I do to refill my car's 2 differentials, I now also use a syringe on Parker.

I fill a (clean!!) glass jar with the required amount of oil and then draw it up into the syringe, measuring as i go. Then gently feed the fresh oil into the filler neck.

The fact that the syringes have the voulme markers printed on the side of the tube, you know exactly how much oil you are putting in the engine.

As a funnel is no longer needed, it reduces the risk of oil / foreign body contamination from the funnel.

Takes half the time that a funnel does, very accurate and no mess.

You can of course install a small piece of tubing to the nozzle of the syringe to get the oil in even further but I don't.

The syringes are resuable after cleaning.
Well you learn something new everyday !!

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Hmmmm I think he did ... He started it, wiated, screw all the way in the stick then took it out ??

whats missing ???
Proper fill level is almost spilling out, the dipstick is pretty much useless anyway. Regardless, with Honda’s and chondas if using the dipstick you don’t screw it in to check the level. Just place it in and pull out.

I’m really digging the big syringe, I gotta get one.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts