Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering ordering a Drainzit hose to fit my Deluxe 28 921037 with the AX291 engine. The factory drain is a hex standoff plugged with an 8.8 metric bolt.

Can anyone tell me what the thread size is for the block side of the standoff? Better yet, can someone tell me which Drainzit part number will fit this engine?

TIA

·
Premium Member
729 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
I used my tap / die set to figure it out on my engine with the plug removed I just matched it up.

Well,to elaborate, I matched the tap with the threads on the removed plug, or you can use a die with the plug see if it threads on easy. I don't use the tap on the engine as that will create chips. My original wording was lousy. :cool:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Like I said, the AX291 is 12 mm x 1.5 mm thread. I replaced mine with a EZ shutoff valve, adapter & 3/8" vinyl hose. Don't know if the Drainzit will fit as they don't specify the thread pitch.

Part number is EZ-109 for the valve ($23.95) and H-001 ($4) for the adapter.
Valve: EZ Oil Drain Valve / Part Number 12mm-1.5
Adapter: H-001 : Straight Hose End 3/8" for EZ Oil Drain Valve

Also bought 18" of clear vinyl tubing and my local hardware. They had end plugs the close off tube as well.

Simple to change out. Tip the machine up into the service position, remove the oil drain tube, install the valve, adapter and tubing. Takes two minutes. (Oil does not leak out, too far forward).

Makes changing oil a breeze.

·
Registered
336 Posts
When I replaced the OEM drain tube, I put the blower into the service position and removed (carefully) the tube. No oil spilled out. Then installed the valve, adaptor & hose. I *did* turn off the fuel valve before placing into service positon.

Just remembered. I didn't drain the fuel tank and gas began to leak out of the cap. I removed the gas cap, put a piece of plastic over the opening and repaced the cap (effectively sealing it).

When I change oil in the spring, I uncurl the hose and stick it into an empty oil container, open the valve and allow it to drain. Close the valve, put the plug back into the hose and curl it back into its storage position next to the engine.

Easy, clean and fast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts