Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new here, and just bought a craftsman blower. It is a Husqvarna made blower with the 291 cc LCT engine. Ran fine when I bought it. Got home tonight, it fired right up, went to blow snow, made it 10 ft and quit. Pulled it back to garage, fill tank with fuel, put a heat gun on the carb, thinking it may be a little froze, and started up again. Ran for 15 secs quit and won't start again. So, I pulled the oil dip stick, and the oil came flying out, thin, and mixed with gas. I am not a mechanic, but can do normal maintenance stuff. So, what is this? Is my motor blown? Do I take it back to where I got it? Or can I fix it? Input would be great, thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
change the oil and fix the carb, sounds like the float needle isnt shutting off the fuel. with any luck your engine will be ok.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, will give this a go in the morning. Are the carbs complicated? Had carbs off sleds and quads and bikes apart before, done the basics, jets, carb cleaner, etc. I usually run seafoam in everything I own. I did crank this machine over with the electric start a bit trying to get it to go. Hopefully no harm done! Thanks for your input

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
if you just bought this blower from sears take it back, don't do anything. let them fix or replace it

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Ok, will give this a go in the morning. Are the carbs complicated? Had carbs off sleds and quads and bikes apart before, done the basics, jets, carb cleaner, etc. I usually run seafoam in everything I own. I did crank this machine over with the electric start a bit trying to get it to go. Hopefully no harm done! Thanks for your input
the carb is as basic as it gets......take pics of the linkages tho.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
if you just bought this blower from sears take it back, don't do anything. let them fix or replace it
+1 on taking it back in its current state & condition (crankcase still full of fuel.)

I'd insist that they replace due to wear-and-tear on the engine from insufficient lubrication.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is not a new blower, I bought it used. Should I be concerned about damage to piston, sleeve and rings

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
It is not a new blower, I bought it used. Should I be concerned about damage to piston, sleeve and rings
You will probably be ok. Just drain and re fill with a good 5w-30 oil. Take the pictures as recommended. Those carbs can be a bit of a paint to get off. the plastic shielding is a real pain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts