Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, got some snow today and went out for the first time this season and it looks like a sprung a leak. Any thoughts on next steps? This is what I'm looking at...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Check the breather hose, it goes into the top of the valve cover, there. If that's not the problem, I'd be surprised.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll take a look when I get home. I was flummoxed as to how the oil was spilling DOWN from a spot where I couldn't imagine oil might come from. But the breather hose is definitely above the spot where the oil is dripping down so that is an excellent place to begin investigating.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The yellow oil fill cap that threads into the tapped hole, just to the left of the "OHV" cover has popped out!!! I have the same Briggs motor. This cap has unscrewed on other motors and resulted in all oil being pumped out the hole, resulting in motor destruction! There is a similar yellow oil dipstick on the other side of the engine. Check oil level right away, and add oil as needed. Then look for the missing threaded yellow cap, or buya replacement. This is a common issue on these motors and you really need to ensure these yellow plastic caps are properly tightened. There have been several previous threads on this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts