Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every snowblower I had seems to have the same problem. At the end of the winter, the frame under the motor is becoming oily. Motors don't have any oil leaks and oil level don't change more than 1/8 inch at the end of the year so I suppose the crankase oil vent is suspected to do this thing, I had this problem with old Tecomseh motors and newer B&S 305 cc , Is there something we could do to keep the frame clean with no oil deposits ? With the B&S 305cc some oil was dripping on the clutch. My nighbor have the same problem with same engine. Thanks,

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
not much you can do about the engines sweating oii.....if they start to drip its time to not worry again ! just add more oil. i consider it as rust proofing ! jmo tho

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Is the rubber tube from the crankcase vent to the carburetor inlet wet with oil?? It might be a good time to change it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not much you can do about the engines sweating oii.....if they start to drip its time to not worry again ! just add more oil. i consider it as rust proofing ! jmo tho
Problem is clutch contamination which bother me.

·
Banned
474 Posts
If the leak is large enough to contaminate the clutch then it should be easy to identify the source and repair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts