Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The photo below is my 1987 John Deere 165 with a 12.5 HP Kawasaki engine showing just what a little tractor can do. I bought this tractor new and adapted a generic plow to it for snow plowing. This tractor cut my grass and plowed my snow for the last 23 years without missing a beat.

Last year I bought a newer JD 155 to give the older tractor a break from mowing but I still used it for plowing. This year I bought a bigger tractor with a snowplow and an Ariens snowblower to handle the winter work. If they work out I will retire the 165 (still working great) to pulling the lawn cart, and may do a total restoration some time later.

Here is a photo of the new (to me) plow tractor. It is a 1994 Craftsman GT 6000 hydro with an 18 HP 2 cylinder Kohler and a dozer blade. I built the rear blade for pulling snow away from places you can’t plow it away from. Photo was taken before I put the chains on.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Wow, that's pretty darned impressive work for that Deere. Says a lot for the Kawasaki engine. Your Craftsman looks new, should give you some pretty good service too.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't beat a John Deere with a kawasaki! You mentioned that it has plowed snow for you for 23 years; does that mean you're the only owner the tractor ever had?
Yes, I purchased the tractor new from a local dealer.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Can't beat a John Deere with a kawasaki!

Thanks also for posting the pictures!
Unless it has a Yanmar diesel under the hood!:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is my snow removal set up, shaft drive hydro lift, two 44" snowcanons, 48" snowdozer blade.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wish this site would let me post pictures....but it will not.

My non-snowblower toys include an '89 vintage Deere 318 with a 54 inch front blade, a 2003 Deere 4210 with the 420 FEL and 60" back blade, and a 2001 Honda Foreman 450 ATV with a 60" Moose County Plow and winch.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Wish this site would let me post pictures....but it will not.

My non-snowblower toys include an '89 vintage Deere 318 with a 54 inch front blade, a 2003 Deere 4210 with the 420 FEL and 60" back blade, and a 2001 Honda Foreman 450 ATV with a 60" Moose County Plow and winch.
I had a J.D. 332 with that 54" blade. Had 4 way hydraulics. Also had a 44" Berco two stage blower for it.
It'll let you post pics. I'm not sure how to tell yoi to do it but I'm and old man and working from a 7" generic tablet and I'm able to post pics. Maybe someone with more savvy than I, will help you.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here's my lineup. From left to right.
Daughters Ariens (going back home soon)
'83 Gravely 5200 walk behind with 4 foot plow
'72 Gravely 16 H.P. GT with 4 foot plow
'73 Gravely 7.6 H.P. with 26 inch snow cannon.

Last but not least, my wifes rig.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had a J.D. 332 with that 54" blade. Had 4 way hydraulics. Also had a 44" Berco two stage blower for it.
It'll let you post pics. I'm not sure how to tell yoi to do it but I'm and old man and working from a 7" generic tablet and I'm able to post pics. Maybe someone with more savvy than I, will help you.

Thanks Joe...I have been working with computers since Win 95 and using digital cameras since 2001 and belong to a dozen other online sites but have NEVER experienced much difficulty posting attachments on ANY site prior to this one.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
You need a photo site like Photobucket or dropbox.Then it is this easy

·
Registered
50 Posts
Coby7....the more crap software and add-ons you put on a computer, the more problems you have. It's as simple as that. EVERY OTHER ONLINE DISCUSSION GROUP HAS PERMITTED ME TO UPLOAD ATTACHMENTS VIA WINDOWS OS.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
This is not added, it is out there in cyberspace. Don't freak out or watch Person of Interest with full belief "it is just a TV show.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts