Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking online today and saw this. Do these typically seize up? The seller says he is cleaning out his grandparents shed, and says its seized because he can't pull the cord, but doesn't know anything else about it.

He wants $35 for it. Is there any possibility its not seized? Is there a reason the pull cord could be stuck? I'm not entirely sure what model or year this is, but I'm sure its 60s or 70s.
Automotive tire Wheel Agricultural machinery Motor vehicle Grass

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
That's a 22000 series, (late 60s/70s vintage), with what looks like the original turf saver tires.

I'd recommend that you devote a couple of evenings and go thru Scot's Ariens website, so that you can be a better-informed shopper when you pick up your next snowblower:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And you're right, i went to take a look at it. Its definitely not seized, and had good compression. It seemed a little oily though. Especially around the gear box. I'm a bit hesitant about that.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Bumper Automotive lighting

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
I would pass on that as well, unless you get it for free, and just want to mess around with it.

·
Registered
Smp 860, Arns 22k, 924026, Pwrlite
846 Posts
I have one. I like it, but mine has modern tires and 6hp. No world beater, but ok. I'd take Jackmels great offer tho in a heart beat.:)

·
Registered
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
815 Posts
May not be seized, but definitely an enthusiasts model. Labor of love or a simple engine swap.
“…definitely an enthusiasts model.”
I will be using this line.

Wife: “Why did you pick up that old broken down machine, you already have one.”
Me: “This is an enthusiasts model, you wouldn’t understand.”

·
Registered
932 Posts
I got 2 of those for free, one I put a HF 6hp Predator on it and works pretty good. The other one is all stock, even though it's the 4hp version it seems to blow snow better than the Predator powered one. Those old Airens blowers are tough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts