Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last winter I inherited my family's old Montgomery Ward Blower older than snow its self well me anyway over 30 yrs old My grandpa bought brand new when he owned the store and been going ever since two winters ago I received it with no reverse in which I was fine with.But shortly after it locked its self in forward and the clutch would not disengage no way to stop it besides killing it. Now that snow is back upon us I adjusted the throw on the shaft and now can disconnect
the drive with the clutch so I tried doing the same with the gear sector nuts all the way forward still stuck in forward nuts all the way back the same nuts in the middle same problem.The transmission is not the typical rubber drive wheel but all gear driven when i switch gears I can see a shaft with three nubs on it move side to side and here a click on each one but every-time i start it up it just wants to go forward no matter where i shift it too.I can get some more info but wanted to see if anyone had interest first.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts