Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello this is my first time posting here ,i think this forum sight is amazing,,,,a old yardman snowblower was giving to me runs perfect,but i am not sure on the belts and how there installed properly

Attachments

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Not sure but that one looks a little loose?
They are not new are they?

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
:welcome: to the forum Brianjr

That belt doesn't look right at all. It seems way too loose.

Would also be nice if they used stainless steel hose clamps to secure that fuel tank in place instead of zip ties.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup there loose i dont know if there is something missing or if there on right,,,i dont know why those zip ties are there they ain't doing anything,i wish i had a picture of one like it,,i searched every where

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Yup there loose i dont know if there is something missing or if there on right,,,i dont know why those zip ties are there they ain't doing anything,i wish i had a picture of one like it,,i searched every where
Do you know the year?
Give a model number? Serial number?
Some more pictures of the whole thing?

Maybe we can narrow down exactly what you have and get some help in the way of diagrams and maybe a manual with parts numbers.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Without knowing what your model and serial number is I found this,
Yard-Man 7200-0 PDF User's Manual Download & Preview
(edit, figure 12 there shows what I attached below, I just noticed this it might be easier for you to see)I am going to remove the attachment below, to save on my allotted attachment space.
That is for a 30" 8 horse machine.

The belt setup looks the same?
The part numbers may be different?

Maybe by looking at the diagrams you can see if you can adjust that belt up?
It looks way too loose.
I think your idler pulley needs adjustment, if you can't adjust it the belt might be stretched and you need a new one. See if you can figure out how it adjusts.
Or,
ARE....THE....BELTS....NEW?
Do you know? Do they look new? Or are they old, & worn.? I can't really see by looking at your pictures.

Attachment removed.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Would also be nice if they used stainless steel hose clamps to secure that fuel tank in place instead of zip ties..
Is it me or is that a Tecumseh tank on a Briggs engine?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure this is my first snowblower to work on,good aroound engines of all kinds,blowers are new to me,,,i wouldn't bother but the engine runsso smoth

·
Registered
54 Posts
Take the belt off and put a dark mark on the outside with a sharpie. Wrap your wifes fabric measuring tape around it or extend a tape measure and carefully roll the belt out the circumference. You can call the Manufacturers 800 number or parts direct and get the width and length. Clearly the one you have is Touluse, Loutrec.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thx for everything,,,nothing missing a few ajustments ,belts were super stretched,,she just plowed threw 46 cm of snow,,now my next prob.. electric start there is a rectifier on it n the wires are off,,,need to no how n what it is for

1 - 12 of 12 Posts