Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have had this older Ariens Sno-Thro for a couple of years. It needs some TLC to get it running. But I have several good working units already so I am not overly ambitious about getting this one going.

But man oh man, I would love to restore this one. But to what end? I can't stand the thought of scrapping it. The snow thrower buying season is gone. I just might have to sit on it and hope to find some spare time.

I believe (based on Scot's website) this unit is a 1970 model.

·
Registered
579 Posts
So, I have had this older Ariens Sno-Thro for a couple of years. It needs some TLC to get it running. But I have several good working units already so I am not overly ambitious about getting this one going.

But man oh man, I would love to restore this one. But to what end? I can't stand the thought of scrapping it. The snow thrower buying season is gone. I just might have to sit on it and hope to find some spare time.

I believe (based on Scot's website) this unit is a 1970 model.

She looks like a beauty, Sblg43 - give another chance!

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'm in the process of doing a light restore on my '962/'995 that looks in far worse cosmetic shape than this. I thought about scrapping it...but I just couldn't do it considering the engine ran fine after a carb rebuild. I'll probably refresh pieces at a time as finances dictate.

Ain't in no hurry, just can't let her go quietly into the night. Yes, it could really stand for a total rebuild mechanically...but I have the storage room and it plows fine. I just have a hard time tossing ANYTHING that still works like it's supposed to that I still have a use for.

Not like it's costing me money by being in my shed. I just wish I had more snow to use both my older Ariens like they are meant to be used. They ain't pretty (yet)...but somehow despite the 30 years or so of "general maintenance neglect" by the previous owner they still have a strong heartbeat.

New Daddy's giving them some lovin', they're responding to it ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a couple of 8hp Tecumsehs around that are in good running shape. They are probably prime candidates for re-powering this old Ariens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts