Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your Resident UNDERTAKER has Been very Busy here in the Paradise City. I have been Overhauling "JR" Here. Laying down a Brand New paint Job on him. sent some parts out to be Sand blasted and the others I have been doing by hand. So when the BOMB Drops and I am Knee to waist Deep in the Big Whitey here. I Will Light Him up and Party like it is 1999 all over again. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Attachments

·
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:icon-clapping-smile
What kind of paint are you going to use Todd?
GLOSS Jet Black urethane. got it from Sherwin Williams. hardner, reducer and epoxy type primer. I am having the place where I bought the Air Compressor from. Lay that PURDY paint job down on Him. The Total for all the Painting stuff was 200.00 out the Door from Sherwin Williams.

·
Premium Member
4,797 Posts
GLOSS Jet Black urethane. got it from Sherwin Williams. hardner, reducer and epoxy type primer. I am having the place where I bought the Air Compressor from. Lay that PURDY paint job down on Him. The Total for all the Painting stuff was 200.00 out the Door from Sherwin Williams.
I have been having some problems getting paint to stick on plastic wheels on my Honda's. it wears off from the tracks. any advice on this?

see picture. probably not using correct paint and procedures.

Attachments

·
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have been having some problems getting paint to stick on plastic wheels on my Honda's. it wears off from the tracks. any advice on this?

see picture. probably not using correct paint and procedures.
Could be the wrong type of primer. Could just be wear from the sprocket to track. I have seen those big CAT'S sprocket's wear from all the dirt, gravel and other stuff they go through.

·
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the Gear Box all back together. MAN!!!! That Halomar stuff is like Gorilla snot!!! Thick and sticky as all get out. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
i dont think there is anything you could coat those sprockets with that wont wear off in short order.

·
Premium Member
4,797 Posts
Could be the wrong type of primer. Could just be wear from the sprocket to track. I have seen those big CAT'S sprocket's wear from all the dirt, gravel and other stuff they go through.
okay. thanks. i told the paint guy at Ace what I was trying to do and he suggested the 2X's primer from rustoleum. i'll have to try something else.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts