Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Hard to tell if it is any good from here .... I have a newerr version of an Ariens with the swivel front tires and the friction drive ... used to be my daughters til she got a new one ...

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Many times on a push mower, they whack something, shear the key or skew it .... won't run after that until you replace key.
won't run as in won't start? looked under the deck, blade looks in pretty good shape, rotates well. no visible damage.
maybe i'm not starting it properly. seems to only have a primer bulb, then pull start? do i need to engage anything else? maybe the carb needs help. i'll have to look up this model.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
so, good news. poured some fuel in the plug hole. it started right up and sounded good until conking out. wondering how much these were new? and year based on model/serial number, or engine number. i believe it is a 21 inch blade, so is this a residential "commercial" mower?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
great find! thanks for taking the time to locate it. this mower will not see any use this time of year, but would like to resuscitate it for next year and test it out. 21" seems small for a commercial mower; is this considered a residential version of commercial? i'll call the dealer next week.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts