Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your opinion on fair pricing for a like new condition HS928TAS? 1 owner unit, claimed to have less than 10 hours total (and looks like it), towards the end of the manufacturing run so it's newer but exact year unknown, 2013/2014 maybe. It's in New England for reference.

Thanks

·
Registered
787 Posts
I think those machines have held onto their value. I'd jump on that one asap! Start out with $1800 and expect to go up a bit. The older machines have quite a big fan base here. I'm no expert on price, but I do know that those older machines are superior.

Reactions: jdavis

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
What is your opinion on fair pricing for a like new condition HS928TAS? 1 owner unit, claimed to have less than 10 hours total (and looks like it), towards the end of the manufacturing run so it's newer but exact year unknown, 2013/2014 maybe. It's in New England for reference.

Thanks
This time of year like Miles said $1800. Wait until it snows and post at $2100-2250 . You may get it. Thats what they go for around here anyways in winter. ( Lake Tahoe ) Start high and then reduce price if necessary.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This time of year like Miles said $1800. Wait until it snows and post at $2100-2250 . You may get it. Thats what they go for around here anyways in winter. ( Lake Tahoe ) Start high and then reduce price if necessary.
I am the potential buyer not the seller, he's at 2200 at the moment, will try to get it lower.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
I am the potential buyer not the seller, he's at 2200 at the moment, will try to get it lower.
Have you seen in person? Do you know what to look at? I see ads all the time saying 20 hours or less. But from pictures it's a lot more. But could be truth. Personal inspection needed.

If it does have 10 hours or less there is no harm in offering 1800 cash and go up if needed. A new one is how much? $2599 plus taxes? Plus you get a 3 year warranty.

However if this is a K model I would seriously consider this one. K models have this flare on back of bucket for skids and a couple other differences. If this is a 928TAS then thats electric start which is also nice. you could get serial number and call Honda to get year built. But I always give more weight to condition rather than age.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
That's a K model with electric start!! looks really nice. This time of year he may be ready to negotiate a little. Is he moving? what is reason for selling? I would give it a thorough inspection and drive it F/R etc.

These go for 2000-2250 all day long around here. Have even seen higher prices once the snow flies.

good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a K model with electric start!! looks really nice. This time of year he may be ready to negotiate a little. Is he moving? what is reason for selling? I would give it a thorough inspection and drive it F/R etc.

These go for 2000-2250 all day long around here. Have even seen higher prices once the snow flies.

good luck.
Good to know.. as far as reason for selling, sounds like he inherited the machine and doesn't really have a use for it..

·
Registered
96 Posts

Thanks
I just picked up a HSS928A track for $1800. I think that's a pretty good deal.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Its all about condition condition condition condition.....I have seen 2 year old HSS928's used commercially that is JUNK. I would only pay several hundred for the parts .
For a HSS928 that has only been used 4 months ( if true ) the price is close to right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts