Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang...anyone off the top of their heads have a good rattle can paint match for the old Toro orange/red? I've got one that the previous owner touched up and butchered it ...no prep work and bad match......can't stand looking at it like this! Thanks

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found the match!

Thanks again for the info Kissafrog......I saw that Toro had discontinued the old apple red, but found a couple of cans online. This old girl for thirty years old is a tank and in great shape except the bad touchup. I've gone through all kinds of stress trying to get the interlock system working perfectly, and just did a small adjustment on the auger microswitch and got it finally! I'll take a picture of her after the paintjob.........one thing for certain......I'll never get involved with another one of these from the eighties....or may I will now that I kind of know the system....

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chrome handles on the 7 24

While I got the computer warmed up......should I paint the failed chrome handles silver....or black?

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
I'd go black. IMHO I think it looks better against the red and silver is hard to apply properly. It always seems to want to run and even at 10 feet you know it's not chrome.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
nice pic's cranman, you've got a good snowblower there. paint the handles black

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you feel motivated to restore the chrome, I used "The Must For Rust" on those exact same badly rusted Toro handles way back when and the product removed about 70-80% of the rust. I gave up when it was close enough. You spray the handles w/water, spray the solution on, let it sit for few minutes, then use steel wool pads to go back and forth and rub it off. I couldn't believe how well the product worked in this specific application. Toro must have used very good chrome at the time - most of it came off in just 15-20 minutes worth of agitation....

Link: Robot Check

1 - 9 of 9 Posts