Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys. Been searching for a part number for axle bearings and both the parts catalogs I have don't have them, they don't even show a bearing as an option, even though it specifically shows the bearing support (the triangle shaped one with three bolt holes). Any idea what the number is or what a suitable alternative is?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Go to Parts Tree and look up your machine. Is this an Ariens 10962? If so it does not have axle bearings. It uses bronze bushings on the axles. You will find them in the parts diagram.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go to Parts Tree and look up your machine. Is this an Ariens 10962? If so it does not have axle bearings. It uses bronze bushings on the axles. You will find them in the parts diagram.

ooooh, that makes more sense now, it did show the bushings, but I thought that was part of the bearing assembly. Odd there's not actual bearings, could some be installed?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Actually these axle bushings are pretty easy to replace, so I would just use that system. Might need to sand down the axle a bit to clean it off of old grease and burs, so that the axle bushing slides on easily. I always add some grease, but that's normal for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts