Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
What I have always found funny about Phil's predictions: There are two possibibilities:

"Early Spring"
or
"Six more weeks of winter"

the "six more weeks of winter" is supposed to be the "winter is going to last a lot longer" prediction.. Well, for Western NY and much of the northern US and Canada, "Six more weeks of winter" would actually be an "early spring"! ;)

Spring is never here in the middle of March, six weeks fron now..Spring begins, slowly, throughout March..then real spring isnt here until April and May. We have 8 more weeks of winter, as we do nearly every year. I dont even know what Phil's "early spring" would mean..Spring in February? that never happens, ever, except maybe in Virginia.. West-Central PA must be a lot more mild than NY, which seems strange, because its not that far away.

Scot

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
1 of the local weather monkey's here just detests that little rodent. back in 2012 the first of march we were free of snow and beginning to sweat our tucus's off here. man do I miss that.:crying:

·
Registered
81 Posts
The groundhogs are revolting...
Couldn't agree more. They are one of the most destructive animals/pests we have up here. Several horses overs the years around me have had to be put down after stepping in holes from groundhogs in there pens. As aggressive as you are maintaining your property, they instantly reappear. Have even seen a foundation damaged due to their extensive digging.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kind of funny two days after groundhog day and I had to blow the driveway last night, again this morning, and probably again tonight

·
Registered
238 Posts
Six more weeks of the winter we've had here so far would be cause to put the machine up now for summer hibernation. It still has the fuel I put in it mid-October. Stabilized of course.

I love that Groundhog Day movie. I watched it maybe half a dozen times; Always the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts