Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen these around occasionally, but they are usually trashed or overpriced. This one was neither. :) $15 at a garage sale.

I haven't gassed it up yet. Probably needs a diaphragm. Are these carbs the same as on a S-200? I've worked on a few of those.

For those that have owned one, how is the performance compared to a Powerlite? I love my little Powerlite for most of the snow we get here in Dayton. I know it's 2 inches smaller, and it weighs only 31 lb compared to the 38 lb Powerlite.
031.jpg
032.jpg
033.jpg

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've seen these around occasionally, but they are usually trashed or overpriced. This one was neither. :) $15 at a garage sale.

I haven't gassed it up yet. Probably needs a diaphragm. Are these carbs the same as on a S-200? I've worked on a few of those.

For those that have owned one, how is the performance compared to a Powerlite? I love my little Powerlite for most of the snow we get here in Dayton. I know it's 2 inches smaller, and it weighs only 31 lb compared to the 38 lb Powerlite. View attachment 179038 View attachment 179039 View attachment 179040
For $15 I would give it a go as well. Looks to be in good shape.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Many years ago, maybe 25-30 yrs ago, when I had 1 snowblower, and it broke, I may have had 2, whatever, I was without a snowblower, we had 24" of snow. The neighbor loaned me his S-140 or similar machine, it worked! And really well. It was a dry snow. I was impressed.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
It's the "cutest" little S - 140 I have ever seen. :giggle:

It is also the only one I have ever seen. :giggle:

·
Super Moderator
6,758 Posts
i had my sister's s620 years before i bought a powerlite, i chose the powerlite because i got less snow in my face and the chute let me put snow where i needed it to be. i think powerlites have more hp also

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I bought an S-120 about a year ago. Haven't even tried it yet apart from ensuring it ran...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts