Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Could be a stuck float bowl and needle assembly. When taking the bowl and carb apart be careful not to tear the paper looking diaphragm or you will need a new one.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
would this carb rebuild kit work?
Briggs Stratton Carburetor Carb Rebuild Kit Fits Models 190401 190402 190403 | eBay

38150 Serial 9007749

Also if I get a new carb, the float etc.. is already build in right?
If that's the case, would this work?

New Carburetor for Briggs Stratton 390323 394228 7 8 9 HP Engines Carb 47T | eBay
that replacement carb should be complete...looks like it even comes with an intake gasket.

If you do decide to rebuild, be sure to remove the emulsion tube first.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
that replacement carb should be complete...looks like it even comes with an intake gasket.

If you do decide to rebuild, be sure to remove the emulsion tube first.

Rebuild Briggs and Stratton Updraft Carb
Not sure what i'm gonna do yet.
At $20 bucks for the replacement carb shipped. May end up just replacing the whole thing vs rebuilding the current one.

When i put in the serial on the toro site it lists

Briggs Stratton

190402-0989-01

Does the last 2 number matter at all? 01 vs lets say 99

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Not sure what i'm gonna do yet.
At $20 bucks for the replacement carb shipped. May end up just replacing the whole thing vs rebuilding the current one.

When i put in the serial on the toro site it lists

Briggs Stratton

190402-0989-01

Does the last 2 number matter at all? 01 vs lets say 99
i don't understand the discrepancy with those last 2 numbers...I've been ignoring them (rebuilding the 7hp version of your motor).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
i don't understand the discrepancy with those last 2 numbers...I've been ignoring them (rebuilding the 7hp version of your motor).
Yea it's really strange what those last two numbers stand for.
I'm going to pickup a new carb and just do a switcharoo and see if it runs.

Also trying to score a electric starter so I don't have to pull start this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Got it to work today.

When it was running it was definitely in beast-mode. Throwing show like 15-20ft easy. This is snow from last night into early this morning. (Northern NJ).

Had a moment where it stalled out after about 5 minutes. Let it sit for 10 minutes or so and went back at it.
There were moments when the machine seem to be choking and started to stall when the auger was engaged along with the drive. As soon as I disengaged both the engine would purr again.
What would be the cause of this? (I was sort of low on gas but would that be the cause?)
Overall spent about 2 hours doing the driveway and sidewalks 50 ft deep by 15ft at the widest. A lot of time due to shuffling the cars around.
Also the drive way is about 30-35 degree incline. How do I increase traction? Would chains be my best bet?

Photos of the done drive way coming up shortly.
The snow stuck on the side of the house is from the Toro lol that's about 12-14ft up.

Attachments

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Got it to work today.

When it was running it was definitely in beast-mode. Throwing show like 15-20ft easy. This is snow from last night into early this morning. (Northern NJ).

Had a moment where it stalled out after about 5 minutes. Let it sit for 10 minutes or so and went back at it.
There were moments when the machine seem to be choking and started to stall when the auger was engaged along with the drive. As soon as I disengaged both the engine would purr again.
What would be the cause of this? (I was sort of low on gas but would that be the cause?)
Overall spent about 2 hours doing the driveway and sidewalks 50 ft deep by 15ft at the widest. A lot of time due to shuffling the cars around.
Also the drive way is about 30-35 degree incline. How do I increase traction? Would chains be my best bet?

Photos of the done drive way coming up shortly.
The snow stuck on the side of the house is from the Toro lol that's about 12-14ft up.
Yeah sure you betcha, chains might be the ticket for that app.:eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
This is a resurrected thread, giving it away free to anyone that needs/wants it. Needs maintenance and some work NNJ 07657

21 - 29 of 29 Posts