Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well another good season of snowblowing has passed. The deluxe 28
ran great no real issues.I did find the wheels or axle was froze once or twice but rocking it a bit back and forth freed it up. So now the warm weather is here I think its time for some maintenance like greasing the
rear axle,spraying the cables ect...
as a side note the led lights worked great and so did the ariens heated grips. Well worth the investment!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
+++++1

I picked up this ariens self propelled mower on sale last Sept. It was the last one in my area that I could find.If anyones in the market for a new mower get the self propelled unit, well worth the extra money. This one has the brigg/Stratton 6.75 on it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes the wheels, got them from home depot & been using them for 2 seasons now. It was something different to try out than skids. At least the
wheels are holding up pretty good with no wear that I can see.
They have a sealed bearing inside of each wheel to protect them from water.ect.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What are the wheels originally for ??
The thread I was reading Ariens Auto-Turn Adjustment they were to help with the auto turn feature on the Ariens deluxe 28 and other models. I have a 10 year old 8/24 with the locked rear axle and a new 28 Deluxe and used them back to back and the older 8/24 works so much better, much less effort, better traction and a cleaner job in the end. Yes, I did check the alignment and when it went into the shop for a shifting issue the dealer also checked it again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts