Last winter I broke the plastic cable bracket on my MTD 2 stage, 1 speed snow blower. I got so busy this year that I forgot to fix it before the snow came (luckily I had my trusty Toro S200). I decided to not replace it with the cheap plastic that is OEM, and made due with a 3/4" pipe bracket that you can pick up fairly inexpensively at the hardware store. I just tightened it together enough to hold the cables so that they engage, but not too tight that the cables wear and fray. Here are the only 2 pics that I took (before and after). BTW, the plastic broke after I got done clearing the drive way and I was brushing the snow off with a broom.
287.4 KB Views: 75
225.3 KB Views: 73