Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've had one on my MTD since 2008 and expected to replace it long before now; but no problems . . . . and no rust nor repainting.

I did however, research replacements, and that's only $20 to $50 depending on whether both top and bottom are needed; but I don't see any wear yet !

Space age plastic has more going for it than many of us think.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I've replaced a few on MTD types, also the plastic worms. It shouldn't be a deal breaker if the machine is clean and a good price.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys !! He is only asking $100 for the 8 hp 27
Looks clean but wasn't familiar with the plastic chutes.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've seen them last close to 30 years without breaking up here in Canada. I'm just not that worried about them anymore.

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
Plastic chutes are fine. I'd rather have a plastic chute than a metal one.JMHO

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have a snapper I purchased new in 1996. The original plastic chute is still going strong.
I'm glad you said that.I used to use a much older (series "0"?) Snapper 824 at a motel years ago.It was old enough to have a Briggs engine and short metal chute-best snowblower I've ever used.

I've always wanted one of my own,but was always really turned off by the plastic chute they went to-they just look flimsy as ****.NowI just may start looking again.I'd prefer one with a Briggs,but those are getting rare,so it appears.

·
Registered
404 Posts
As far as I know, my 1995 MTD has the original plastic chute. The only thing I did was remove the steel carriage bolts and replace w/ SS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts