Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked the manual and it says to "put throttle in proper position to start." It doesn't state which position that is. I've noticed that my sho takes several pulls to start, just wondering which position you'll put your throttle in to start, slow or fast? My Craftsman always started first pull, full throttle, full choke, 3 pushes of primer bulb, same procedure with sho is taking 6 or seven pulls. I've played with choke setting, throttle setting, primer bulb pushes, fresh fuel. Guess I haven't found the right combo yet. Thanks for your time, Tim

·
Registered
23 Posts
throttle is either full..or idle down...full to start...idle when its sitting..and to cool the motor before you shut it down..I prime mibe 4 times started a little slow when I first got it....maybe 20 hrs on it now..starts first pull @ -12 degrees

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
I checked the manual and it says to "put throttle in proper position to start." It doesn't state which position that is. I've noticed that my sho takes several pulls to start, just wondering which position you'll put your throttle in to start, slow or fast? My Craftsman always started first pull, full throttle, full choke, 3 pushes of primer bulb, same procedure with sho is taking 6 or seven pulls. I've played with choke setting, throttle setting, primer bulb pushes, fresh fuel. Guess I haven't found the right combo yet. Thanks for your time, Tim
Make sure you have the dial set to choke. I did that the first few times, thinking I was on full choke, and I wasn't. These new dials on the LCT motor's are hard to read, IMHO.

Should pop off in 1 or 2 pulls with 3 hits of your primer bulb.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Just thinking if you tried all of the above, if the spark plug is gapped properly. Normally .030 but don't know for those recent engines. Good Luck
By the way I would use full throttle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies all. We're in spring mode for the time being, but I doubt winter is over. I'll check the gap on the plug, haven't done that yet.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Thanks for the replies all. We're in spring mode for the time being, but I doubt winter is over. I'll check the gap on the plug, haven't done that yet.
I have the same blower and mine takes a few pulls too.. Just make sure it is on full throttle and full choke... I prime mine 4 times and usually starts up pretty good..

·
Registered
351 Posts
Mine, full choke & full throttle, 3 bumps of the primer bulb, one pull and done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts