Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a toro 524 that the motor is all taken apart and missing pieces but still has augers and shoot and all of that. I also have a 521. motor is all together but no front in. my question is can I put the front end of the 524 on the motor of the 521 they are the same size engine I believe and both are 2 stage. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hi hotwolves,
Welcome to the forum. When you say "front end" I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean swapping out the motor sheaves (pulleys), it can usually be done. The length of the motors' shafts that the pulleys attach to, as well as their diameters and heights above the base are the critical comparisons. Most likely, the motors are Tecumseh 5 hp and are the same. What can change is their configurations regarding throttle hookups. If you can post photos and engine model numbers that would help. Most differences I have mentioned can be overcome. Also, switching to a new engine like the Predator is an option. MH

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
hello hotwolves, welcome to SBF!! why not take the motor off the 521 and put it on the 524

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
hello hotwolves, welcome to SBF!! why not take the motor off the 521 and put it on the 524
Welcome to the forum, hotwolves...
Do what detdrbuzzard said. Theyr'e more than likely prettty much identical engines.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
you can swap out the buckets. with every thing on them it will all bolt up.it is just a longer bucket. ALOHA to the forms..:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
the 524, 724 and 824 of that vintage share about everything except the engine while the 521 is built on the small frame, totally different bucket

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
the 524, 724 and 824 of that vintage share about everything except the engine while the 521 is built on the small frame, totally different bucket
you are the MAN there MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER. I was thinking of some thing else. MYYYYY BADDDDDDDDDDD:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts