Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a dynamark snowblower second hand last year it runs and throws great. Im guessing the previous owner used a bolt instead of a shear pin in the right hand auger. I should have check but too late now. i have searched all over looking for a replacement auger. I cannot find any info out at all. im sure someone on here has been down this same road. Just looking for some help.looking for replacement right hand auger
dynamark by noma outdoor products
model#235000
code#8264
serial number #000955
has a decal on the side that says 523
its says to contact western international inc for parts who is out of business
thank you

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
:welcome:

You may not have to get the exact auguer, as most augers are pretty similar. 23" ( i.e. 523) is somewhat of a unique size, but maybe an auger from an MTD 22" or 24" might fit.

Is the auger repairable at all?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Didn't Dynamark sell out to Murray which was bought by Briggs? Seems a Murray or a Noma auger would fit. I have all of them, Dynamark, 2 Nomas, and 3-5 Murrays, I'll look at them on Tuesday or Wednesday.

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
Well if it's just the shear pin this might be the one: https://www.smallengineequipmentparts.com/brand/dynamark/snowthrower-snow-blower-parts/shear-bolt-pin

Any chance this one is similar to yours ?? Both of the augers appear to be NLA. https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/g2484010/1575/1507200.html

If you post the engine numbers we can get an idea of the date and then it might be easier to figure out what part machine to look for to get an auger off of. Ebay might be your friend in finding one too.

You posted Noma, I see Murray and Craftsman as being possible interchanges too.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have similar difficulty in searching for parts on my 1973 Dynamark Riding Lawn Mower; and so far, I have been successful by continuing to use the same Dynamark Part Number, but NOT limiting searches to just "Dynamark".

I search using any and all of the following related Companies who are among Dynamark's predecessors and descendants:

AMF
NOMA
TurfMaster
Murray
AYP - American Yard Products, and now
Briggs and Stratton

Like they always say . . . . "Companies may come and go; but Part Numbers remain the same !"

One caveat I've noticed is that B&S often puts a trailing MA on the Part Numbers that they inherited with their purchase of Murray, so 325112 becomes 325112MA . . . . still works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts