Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a driveway that's 120x18ft. I get a lot of snow. 8ft overnight, 20 feet in a day sometimes. There is downhill off the main road so ice/ traction is a problem.

The plow company is pulling out due to lack of staff. A lot of people are SOL right now and the panic is building.

Frankly I have to move a lot on my own anyway with a hs828 blower as it is.

I have a ATV/ UTV but idk if those can do this. I'm thinking I may need to get another skid steer to just leave in this driveway with a blower attachment? I own a TL240 and other heavy equipment but it's 3.5 hours away so prob $2k to move twice a year.

Multiple other homeowners have bought this exact plow just for their 10ft driveways. The roads aren't kept up well either on high volume days so a good machine to cut a few hundred yards would be nice a few days a year when you gotta get to work. I used to just walk the Honda down the block to keep from bottoming out and then have chains on all 4 tires but it's a production.

I need to get self sufficient it seems in the covid economy where all services have evaporated in Tahoe.

Flash photography Gas Ice hotel Space Event

Slope Geological phenomenon Freezing Snow Asphalt

Premium GOT Member
WOW . you must be up there is elevation. I'm in Truckee at about 5800 feet.
Not sure of a solution regarding tractors and plows .
I have a Honda HS1132 that probably can move a lot of snow. I havent serviced it yet but when I do I'm gonna install an impeller seal kit.

Lately I have been getting trade ins for my machines .

The last 1132 was throwing snow over 100 feet with impeller kit. sold that in one day and sold the other the next day and got trade ins for both. Only way I can stay busy.

Maybe another member will come along with some good advice. I know all the snow removal people in the area . Maybe one of them will sell an older Holder or Trac-less ( which are better ) and you and some neighbors can pool your resources to get a big machine.
Tire Plant Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW . you must be up there is elevation. I'm in Truckee at about 5800 feet.
Not sure of a solution regarding tractors and plows .
I have a Honda HS1132 that probably can move a lot of snow. I havent serviced it yet but when I do I'm gonna install an impeller seal kit.

Lately I have been getting trade ins for my machines .

The last 1132 was throwing snow over 100 feet with impeller kit. sold that in one day and sold the other the next day and got trade ins for both. Only way I can stay busy.

Maybe another member will come along with some good advice. I know all the snow removal people in the area . Maybe one of them will sell an older Holder or Trac-less ( which are better ) and you and some neighbors can pool your resources to get a big machine. View attachment 202173
Yeah I'm at Alpine. High up. Longo is dropping my whole street. All the snow blows off KT and the ridges and fills us in. The wind loading is aweful.

Registered
The RAMMY 155 single stage snow thrower for your UTV would be a big help for you.
The US Rammy Dealers in Michigan are METSA Machines 1-269-720-4107 and good works tractors 1-269-720-4107

RAMMY will also sell the 155 direct to you with all the mounting equipment as long as they know what brand and model you have to mount it on.
Tire Wheel Snow Vehicle Snowplow

This is the 155 professional single stage snow blower.

The Rammy company is in Finland and the time difference is 7 hours ahead of us based on east coast time

The phone number is 358 10 212 7272 and they speak english as well

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I mean that would be a cheap solution. Will that work though? Do they have the power to chew through snow that is basically a block of ice after it gets rained on and refrozen and then throw it 30 ft in the air? Even a Honda HS blower is a two-stage blower, can a single stage throw well?

Registered
Yes, it will work and yes a single stage does throw snow. I grew up using an Original 12 horse power IHC cub cadet lawn tractor with snow chains and a single stage snow blower and it worked very well and threw the eastern wet snow very far.
I guess the next thing for you to do is to visit www.rammy.fi and watch the videos for their snow blowers. and call metsa machines in Michigan to see if they have one in inventory.

It has a simple V belt drive and a remote pendant to control it and the winch.

You will have to visit their home page for the specs on it as I could not upload them here.

www.rammy.fi

Premium GOT Member
I mean that would be a cheap solution. Will that work though? Do they have the power to chew through snow that is basically a block of ice after it gets rained on and refrozen and then throw it 30 ft in the air? Even a Honda HS blower is a two-stage blower, can a single stage throw well?
Single stage is only good on fresh powder and limited to about 10 inches at the most.
Not sure any 2 stage may be able to cut thru set up ice. Maybe a 1336i?

Registered
I have the RAMMY catalog in PDF form here and I can send it to you or you can download it.

The only quick solution as in get it tomorrow or this week would be to buy a kubota 2380 with a front mount snow blower, have the rear tires loaded, invest in snow chains for the rear tires and a second three point hitch snow blower for the rear three point hitch.

Attachments

Registered
ST824, Plat 24, Snow-Joe
Do you get less snow in your driveway compared to the street, probably not? So regardless, you are looking for something that can move a minimum of 8ft. I'm thinking tractor with attachment. Although a dozer like they use say on Gold Rush might be your best investment. Although at 20ft, I'd just find a way to live atop the snow. I feel like I'm being punked, 20ft, what are we seriously talking about here, lol???

Premium GOT Member
Do you get less snow in your driveway compared to the street, probably not? So regardless, you are looking for something that can move a minimum of 8ft. I'm thinking tractor with attachment. Although a dozer like they use say on Gold Rush might be your best investment. Although at 20ft, I'd just find a way to live atop the snow. I feel like I'm being punked, 20ft, what are we seriously talking about here, lol???
It happens where he lives. You're talking the High elevations of the Sierra Nevada in California.

Even a great snowblower would be too much work. He needs big commercial equipment.

Registered
ST824, Plat 24, Snow-Joe
I know the term "snowblower" is universal in the context of its use, however, it still gave me a chuckle. I have no real world experience, but if I'm on this forum, where the question was posed, than obviously(?) a simple internet search is useless. I am interested to see if anyone has hands on experience with such depths and what they have to say.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts