Snowblower Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
What's wrong with one of these....
I'm just nervous at absolutely nobody here has recommended them. A hydraulically driven snow blowers crap?
I suspect few of the denizens of this site have experience with skid steers and hydraulically driven snow attachments. Most of the posts here are for walk behind snowblowers, with some tractor mounted equipment conversations.

While going online is a good way to find inexpensive used equipment, I've found asking for advice from folks you don't know (or folks you cannot evaluate for their expertise) can be variable. Toss in our unknowns about the details of your situation (machinery storage, ability and inclination to self service, budget, etc.) and you will get a wide range of opinions, suggestions, and, yes jokes.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I am back to saying a Kubota or John Deere sub compact tractor with an all weather cab with front and rear snow blowers turf tires, loaded rear tires and twisted 2 link snow chains would solve this for you.

A 2 stage snow blower could be mounted on a farm tractor loader boom and would be powered by a rear mounted hydraulic tank which has a high flow high pressure hydraulic gear pump that is connected to the loader with 2 hydraulic hoses that are long enough to reach the hydraulic drive snow blower.

The rear mounted hydraulic reservoir is connected to the tractor with the three point hitch.
The hydraulic pump is gear pump that can be attached to the lower frame of the large oil reservoir and a small length PTO shaft which is attached to the hydraulic pump with a special coupler is attached to the power take off stub on the tractor.

The other method is to attach the hydraulic pump to the tractors PTO stub shaft with a coupler and the gear pumps mounting frame is chained in place to prevent it from rotating. The oil reservoir may or may not have an oil cooler if it smaller in volume.

A high amperage alternator would come as standard equipment for cab tractor to power the heater defroster, HID lights mounted on the front and rear roof of the tractor cab and would have plenty of capacity for front and rear light bars as well.

==========================================================================================

About skid steer loaders and hydraulic driven snow blowers:

Most all skid steer loaders will have an axial piston hydraulic pump for the
drive system loader and attachment functions.

Most wheel driven skid loaders have roller chain drives to power the wheels
with one geroller hydraulic motor per side.

I am unsure if the track drive units use gear or geroller hydraulic motors for the
final drive sprockets.

The high flow 35+ gallon per minute hydraulic systems on skid steers have 3 radiators
to cool the hydraulic oil and the engine coolant systems as well as the radiator for air conditioning system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About hydraulic drive snow blowers;

These attachments have 2 wire braid medium pressure hydraulic hoses that
are usually protected with a woven hose protector tube that slips over the
individual hose.

Starting at the rear of the skid loader boom the high flow hydraulic system is fed
with 2 hydraulic hoses, these 2 hoses are connected to the steel hydraulic lines
attached to the boom and secured by cushioned loom clamps.
The steel lines extend to the lower part of the boom arm to allow simpler connection
to the attachment.
Steel hydraulic lines are used as they are smaller and withstand greater pressure
and flow rates.

The hydraulic hose connection points on the steel lines for an attachment will come
in various styles and types.

A hydraulic hose quick connect fitting and its mating fitting on the hose to the attachment
are one of three types;

1. flat face connector with a locking collar and male female connectors
2. ball check connector with a locking collar and male/female connectors
3. wing type connector with a threaded male female coupling connection,
the wing type connector has wide flat tabs that allow much easier
attachment of hoses under pressure

There is no single standard/universal connector fitting for all attachments.
This means that you have to buy the identical brand and type of connector
fitting to match the connectors on the skid steer loader.

HYDRAULIC SYSTEM SAFETY NOTE:

(The manufacturers of skid steer loaders do not include a pressure release port fitting on these lines to allow easier attachment and detachment of hoses and the user must cycle the function repeatedly to drain the pressure or loosen
the fitting which is not advisable in any case as a skin puncture with hydraulic oil is fatal)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About hydraulic drive snow blowers for skid steers they are typically 2 stage snow blowers with open cross augers.

1. The two stage snow blower may have a roller chain driven cross auger with no center gearbox that may use a
second hydraulic motor to rotate the open auger while the first hydraulic motor spins the impeller, and a third
hydraulic motor or cylinder rotates the chute.
The spout of the snow blower will either have a chute with a spout that has a cotter pin and arm connected to the spout to change the angle of discharge manually or use a 12 volt linear actuator or a double acting hydraulic
cylinder which requires a skid loader with 3 double acting connections for 6 hoses or 2 bypass valves to take flow
for the two extra valves from the hydraulic system depending on the machine.

2. The two stage snow blower for a skid loader may or may not have a hydraulic motor that is connected in line with a right angle gearbox that rotates cross shaft that spins a smaller sprocket that uses a roller chain connected a larger sprocket that spins the open auger in the cross auger housing.

A properly designed hydraulic system will include case drains for the hydraulic pump no matter what type of hydraulic pump or a hydraulic motor as the case drain relieves the hydraulic system pressure against the oil seal to 15 PSIG and the hydraulic oil simply drains back to the hydraulic tank at low pressure.

The cross auger is supported with 2 open flange bearings and the center mounted gear box may have steel plate supporting it as well from the top and bottom of the cross auger housing depending on the thickness and diameter of the steel shaft of the cross auger halves.

Zaugg and other manufacturers of snow blowers use a different design where the sides of the snow blower are open and consist of a disc that is also a cone connected to the cross shaft that does 2 jobs, first it slices into the snowpack as the snow blower advances and at same time pushes the broken snow to the center where the serrated cross augers break it into smaller portions as it is forced into the impeller and then discharged. The massive worm gear to spur gear gearbox used supports the cross auger shaft stub with no need for flange bearings and side weldments.

The KOMMTEK single stage snow thrower is hydraulic driven with a very large gear motor and roller chain.
The high speed snow thrower rotor is supported by 2 side weldments and open flange bearings. The chute is rotated with a geroller motor using roller chain and the spout is moved up and down with a double acting hydraulic cylinder.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Plant Tree Asphalt
. Snow Snowplow Sky Vehicle Mountain

Wheel Tire Snow Vehicle Motor vehicle
Sky Tire Vehicle Snowplow Snow

Vehicle Automotive tire Slope Machine Automotive wheel system
Wood Amber Asphalt Gas Engineering

I am unable to upload the image of the John Deere compact tractor with the loader mounted hydraulic drive snow blower but the pictures are easy to find.

I have attached an image of a land pride hydraulic reservoir for a boom mounted snow blower mounted on a kubota compact tractor.

The land pride hydraulic oil reservoir has a capacity of 35 gallons which is barely enough oil for a hydraulic drive snow blower.

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

John Deere has 2 hydraulic power packs that could be used with their hydraulic drive snow blowers.

I am sorry that I am so boring.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Edited today 11/14

Hello RIT333,

Yes, it would, but 75K+- would bring you the largest self propelled track drive Fujii snow blower to your door in 6- 8 weeks from Japan unless they have one in Europe to ship west or even sooner if they have several in Canada too.

·
Registered
990 Posts
What's wrong with one of these: View attachment 202437

They are cheap. Track or wheels on the used market they are $16k' ish for mechanically good ones and the blower attachments are all over craigslist for like $3k. And you can use it for other things and if you need to sell it it's basically maximally depreciated. Most of the ones I have bought I worth more now than what I paid for them 5 years ago.

I'm just nervous at absolutely nobody here has recommended them. A hydraulically driven snow blowers crap?

Regarding the neighborhood buying one, individual neighbors have their own and they aren't sharing. The reason why is nobody wants to take on the commitment of keeping other people's driveways clear. And then owning a piece of equipment with a bunch of different homeowners presents all kinds of liability problems.
You're absolutely correct!
I'd be nervous that after this many posts on a problem that ain't ours, the board would just quit responding to you if you've known this all along about BobCats.
The fact no one on a SNOWBLOWER website didn't think of it makes YOU nervous?
I'd tell everyone how dumb they are to not think of something I'D been thinking of since I'd started this thread!
In fact, I'd mention it on the way out.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I have discussed them here and TBN,

the main worries are blown hydraulic hoses, oil seals and hydraulic oil leaks in general.

Sure, used skid loaders and used snow blowers are cheap, they are cheap because they have hundreds of hours on them and they were traded in or put up for auction because they have been used a great deal and have hundreds of hours on them AND unless you personally know how they were used or abused your always taking a chance.

Look at it this way, a used hydraulic drive snow blower may cost $3,000.00 as is at an auction, AS IS.

The rubber cover hydraulic hoses will cracked dried out and chunks of rubber are missing and this tells you the inner rubber carcass under the double wire braid is: 1. weakened, 2. heat damaged over time, and 3., old.
The rule for hydraulic hoses is if the rubber flakes off in your hand they need to be replaced as the inner metal wire braid and inner hose tube has weakened from heat over time.

Unless your willing to have on hand roller chain breaking and mending tools, spare roller chain (in a 10 foot chain box), spare chain connectors and master links, two spare hydraulic motors as the attachment will have one size motor for the impeller, the chute rotator and another for the auger drive, spare flange roller bearings, solenoids if needed, shear bolts, and spare hydraulic hoses including a replacement case drain hose.

You may want a spare hydraulic cylinder for the spout control or the chute rotation if a motor and roller chain are not
the method use to rotate the chute. If the spout is controlled with a low voltage linear motor you would want one of them in your spare parts inventory.

Using a sub compact tractor with a rear mounted snow blower and a loader will be slow just as a skid loader with a snow blower would be slow but the loader on the sub compact tractor can be used to knock down the walls of snow to allow the snow blower to blow it out of the driveway and across the road; I do that when needed and clean up any spill over when I am done.

Your remove any build up on your side of the road in the direction of traffic to remove excess snow and keep it from being pushed in your driveway entrance and just blow it across the road until the buildup is gone and it also reduces
the amount of crap they could dump in your driveway with a road grader.

The person or persons running the snow blower for his county/municipality has not been told to discharge the snow forward until there is an open area to discharge it in rather than simply to the right or left when clearing as it would eliminate a huge amount of snow that would be left on the shoulders of the road and causing damage.

==========================================================================================

When I was shopping for a new mule 2 years ago, a new Kubota 2380 without a Curtiss cab and loader was $17,000 add the loader and a curtiss cab and a heater defroster it would be $25,000.00, add the extended 2 year warranty-$2,700.00, add rear turf tires loaded with rim guard or windshield washer fluid which is less costly than rim guard and 2 link V bar carbide snow chains on the rears would add $300.00-500.00 to the total plus sales tax.

A Pronovost rear mount Puma Snowblower with a speed increaser operates at 756 RPM rather than 540 RPM at the sub compact tractors recommended PTO engine speed which is 216 Revolutions Per Minute greater-the rule for a speed increaser is "you travel slowly and the greater impeller speed of rotation allows you to discharge the snow higher and farther". The first pass is a full width cut and the succeeding passes are taken as half cuts to allow the impeller to work more effectively throwing the crap forward farther forward and faster.

The Puma rear mount snow blower has a 4 blade impeller/fan, the impeller housing (always referred to as drum) inside diameter for the PUMA is 21 inches in diameter. The depth of the Impeller/drum housing is 7 inches.
The impeller housing is partially covered with steel plate to allow the rotor/impeller/4 paddle fan to operate at 540-756 RPM with the speed increaser to discharge the snow quickly and reduce any chance of plugging.

The square tube on the snow blower rotor shaft is tubular steel. The shaft end on the driven side is designed so the driven sprocket is bolted to the weldment flange with 4 bolts to secure the rotor to the sprocket the round bar stock is pushed through the sprocket bore and a locking collar inner race is used for the round rotor stub at both ends to hold it in place. I am not sure if they use Blue Loctite for the set screws on the locking collars.
Both inner bearings are locked in place as no center gearbox is used.to rotate the one piece cross auger.

The open auger flighting uses narrow width ribbon steel with flat stock welded to the flat portions of the rotor and to the ribbon that creates the open auger.

The two 2 bolt flange bearings are inside the auger housing, the roller chain and driven sprocket are also inside the auger housing-I am not crazy about that, but it is simple to repair and adjust the chain tension by removing the chain guard cover to expose the roller chain adjuster.

Again, I am sorry for being so boring.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have discussed them here and TBN,

the main worries are blown hydraulic hoses, oil seals and hydraulic oil leaks in general.

Sure, used skid loaders and used snow blowers are cheap, they are cheap because they have hundreds of hours on them and they were traded in or put up for auction because they have been used a great deal and have hundreds of hours on them AND unless you personally know how they were used or abused your always taking a chance.

Look at it this way, a used hydraulic drive snow blower may cost $3,000.00 as is at an auction, AS IS.

The rubber cover hydraulic hoses will cracked dried out and chunks of rubber are missing and this tells you the inner rubber carcass under the double wire braid is: 1. weakened, 2. heat damaged over time, and 3., old.
The rule for hydraulic hoses is if the rubber flakes off in your hand they need to be replaced as the inner metal wire braid and inner hose tube has weakened from heat over time.

Unless your willing to have on hand roller chain breaking and mending tools, spare roller chain (in a 10 foot chain box), spare chain connectors and master links, two spare hydraulic motors as the attachment will have one size motor for the impeller, the chute rotator and another for the auger drive, spare flange roller bearings, solenoids if needed, shear bolts, and spare hydraulic hoses including a replacement case drain hose.

You may want a spare hydraulic cylinder for the spout control or the chute rotation if a motor and roller chain are not
the method use to rotate the chute. If the spout is controlled with a low voltage linear motor you would want one of them in your spare parts inventory.

Using a sub compact tractor with a rear mounted snow blower and a loader will be slow just as a skid loader with a snow blower would be slow but the loader on the sub compact tractor can be used to knock down the walls of snow to allow the snow blower to blow it out of the driveway and across the road; I do that when needed and clean up any spill over when I am done.

Your remove any build up on your side of the road in the direction of traffic to remove excess snow and keep it from being pushed in your driveway entrance and just blow it across the road until the buildup is gone and it also reduces
the amount of crap they could dump in your driveway with a road grader.

The person or persons running the snow blower for his county/municipality has not been told to discharge the snow forward until there is an open area to discharge it in rather than simply to the right or left when clearing as it would eliminate a huge amount of snow that would be left on the shoulders of the road and causing damage.

When I was shopping for a new mule 2 years ago, a new Kubota 2380 without a Curtiss cab and loader was $17,000 add the loader and a curtiss cab and a heater defroster it would be $25,000.00, add the extended 2 year warranty-$2,700.00, add rear turf tires loaded with rim guard or windshield washer fluid which is less costly than rim guard and 2 link V bar carbide snow chains on the rears would add $300.00-500.00 to the total plus sales tax.

A Pronovost rear mount Puma Snowblower with a speed increaser operates at 756 RPM rather than 540 RPM at the sub compact tractors recommended PTO engine speed which is 216 Revolutions Per Minute greater-the rule for a speed increaser is "you travel slowly and the greater impeller speed of rotation allows you to discharge the snow higher and farther". The first pass is a full width cut and the succeeding passes are taken as half cuts to allow the impeller to work more effectively throwing the crap forward farther forward and faster.

The Puma rear mount snow blower has a 4 blade impeller/fan, the impeller housing (always referred to as drum) inside diameter for the PUMA is 21 inches in diameter. The depth of the Impeller/drum housing is 7 inches.
The impeller housing is partially covered with steel plate to allow the rotor/impeller/4 paddle fan to operate at 540-756 RPM with the speed increaser to discharge the snow quickly and reduce any chance of plugging.

The square tube on the snow blower rotor shaft is tubular steel. The shaft end on the driven side is designed so the driven sprocket is bolted to the weldment flange with 4 bolts to secure the rotor to the sprocket the round bar stock is pushed through the sprocket bore and a locking collar inner race is used for the round rotor stub at both ends to hold it in place. I am not sure if they use Blue Loctite for the set screws on the locking collars.
Both inner bearings are locked in place as no center gearbox is used.to rotate the one piece cross auger.

The open auger flighting uses narrow width ribbon steel with flat stock welded to the flat portions of the rotor and to the ribbon that creates the open auger.

The two 2 bolt flange bearings are inside the auger housing, the roller chain and driven sprocket are also inside the auger housing-I am not crazy about that, but it is simple to repair and adjust the chain tension by removing the chain guard cover to expose the roller chain adjuster.

Again, I am sorry for being so boring.
You can lead a horse to water. ......

·
Registered
ST824, Plat 24, Snow-Joe
83 Posts
You're absolutely correct!
I'd be nervous that after this many posts on a problem that ain't ours, the board would just quit responding to you if you've known this all along about BobCats.
The fact no one on a SNOWBLOWER website didn't think of it makes YOU nervous?
I'd tell everyone how dumb they are to not think of something I'D been thinking of since I'd started this thread!
In fact, I'd mention it on the way out.
So I am not sure if you are attempting an insult to the entire forum or just the person you quoted? Either way, it offered zero meaningful advice. So sad your insignificance makes me ;-)

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
As Scott says, Steady On...

British expression: used as a way of exhorting someone to calm down or be more reasonable in what they are saying or doing.

Reactions: orangputeh

·
Premium GOT Member
10,434 Posts
I'm really hoping the OP finds a viable affordable solution cause this really can be life or death up where he lives.
If his plow is repairable maybe that would be the way to go.
I know a really good master welder and heavy equipment guy in Tahoe City which is not too far away.

His name is Kevin. He is a member here but rarely visits this site "The Fixer"

If you want to get ahold of him conversation me with your contact info and i will email/call him.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
A Zaugg 2 stage SF55 130 Centimeter/51 inch width with hydraulic drive would work with a
sub compact tractor and a hydraulic power pack. You would still be able to break up the walls of snow with the bucket of the loader and get rid of it with the snow blower.

The land pride hydraulic power pack is designed to let the user mount the snow blower behind the power pack on the three point hitch of the tractor. They recommend the use of a 52 horsepower tractor to run it

ZAUGG Snow blower brochure.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I'm really hoping the OP finds a viable affordable solution cause this really can be life or death up where he lives.
If his plow is repairable maybe that would be the way to go.
I know a really good master welder and heavy equipment guy in Tahoe City which is not too far away.

His name is Kevin. He is a member here but rarely visits this site "The Fixer"

If you want to get ahold of him conversation me with your contact info and i will email/call him.
Sorry I guess I should have been clear. By "plow quit" I meant the commercial plow service. Was a customer for many years and they just dropped everyone without warning. They cite the record increased occupancy from second home owners and lack of people willing to work. So they all can cherry pick. That's business rn. No one will take new customers. I've begged. Offered more $. People are weird here. Work, especially plowing, is a side hustle. Everyone wants to ski and smoke pot. People don't need work rn. I had a friend do plowing with a bobcat toolcat last year. Getting up at 3am, no sleep, missing all the good ski days... Never again. He looked so aweful. He'd fall asleep anytime he sat down in a chair. I get why they can't find anyone.

My Honda 828 is doing it rn. I have a friend with a 1332 who has offered to help if I need it. Cost him $6.5k apparently. To me that's 1/3 the cost of something that will make life easy.

But what I get ultimately is likely going to be a product of what comes available. I wish I had known this was going to be a thing this year. No notice at all.

I'll def take the name of your heavy equipment guy in Tahoe city. I'm pretty good with heavy equipment but if I need one I'm really gonna need one. I own a large excavator, track loader and dozer. I keep them all going without problems. Have a full machine shop 3h away and capability to weld/ plasma cut/ make hoses or do most things off the truck. I'm not really afraid of buying used heavy equipment or having to work on it. The looming spectare of a hose that could blow will keep me from overhead lifting but not owning. Service manuals and YouTube videos abound as the equipment so common. Parts are plentiful and cheap.

When I was buying my first piece of equipment I spent a year traveling to equipment auctions trying hundreds of items.

I learned everything at the auction... Was being sold that way for a reason. It was my job to figure out why. I got pretty good at that game.

I used to see so many commeral snow blowers dirt cheap. I wish I had bought one, brought it to the shop and restored it. Would have been fun to have. Placer county water district had some neat toys they got rid of a few years ago in the auction. They sold for scrap value. There was no market at the time.

Wheeled tractors for me are another story. I have never liked them. First thing I did was get rid of the tractor. They are scary on steep terrain, easy to roll and the ROPS is mediocre. In a skid you are locked into the center of a full strength metal cube. I feel safe. With joysticks even with injuries they are a breeze to run. They are designed to be flipped, rolled upright, go back to work and often do. I let my workers, friends use them. With tracks they are very stable and go places tractors can't.

I would never let anyone operate a tractor I owned. I see them as a death trap. If I lived in the flat lands I think they would be fantastic. My neighbor was killed when his Kubota wheeled tractor w rops flipped in a ditch along his driveway. He survived but slowly suffocated with the wheel pushing on his chest before anyone found him. If it rolls someone is for sure getting hurt and things are getting damaged. Now I know people will point out any piece of equipment can roll or kill. Cue the "Shake hand with danger" music. But I'd rather slide off the side of my icy driveway and roll down down the embankment in a skid than just about anything else.

I get you can't beat the performance of the PTO. I'm just inexperienced with them and afraid of them. This is not flat country. If it's icy you could easily slip off the side until you get a good berm. I'm amazed we haven't lost a car yet.

I've been seeking the advice of everyone, not just here. There are a lot of things that will work. It's just a matter of finding one of them. The conensus was a mini skid with high flow, cab, blower would be great and that inprob could get away even without high flow. A Rammy might work because my neighbor said they'd do my driveway if I'm away for a storm if I let them use it occasionally too. Then there's an infinite number of boutique options that show up from the old commercial market.

All have pro's and cons I'm still trying to understand. I appreciate hearing everyones experience and getting local beta from others who have shared that live in the area.

There is no question a ful sized tractor with a swivel seat and PTO blower/ box scraper on the front would do the neighborhood in no time... But I want something compact to live off my driveway I can move with a trailer.

If I got something that worked very well I might consider trying to offset the cost offering to do people's driveways will call on next door since there's quite a bit of desperation out there at the moment. But that's just a fantasy. I need to get my own situation sorted first.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
A Zaugg 2 stage SF55 130 Centimeter/51 inch width with hydraulic drive would work with a
sub compact tractor and a hydraulic power pack. You would still be able to break up the walls of snow with the bucket of the loader and get rid of it with the snow blower.

The land pride hydraulic power pack is designed to let the user mount the snow blower behind the power pack on the three point hitch of the tractor. They recommend the use of a 52 horsepower tractor to run it

ZAUGG Snow blower brochure.pdf
There is Zaugg blower with skid steer mount on Craigslist rn locally for about $3k. Problem is the blowers have to be matched to the machine so I trying to find two compatible things at once.

One guy nearby is selling Erskine high flow blower he ran on a low flow machine and even said it was ok.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Newer skid steer loaders, dozers and excavators have the combined safety system design of Falling Object Protection Systems and Roll Over Protection Systems.

These safety systems only work if the operator is buckled into a seatbelt.

Ag tractors have side to side Roll Over Protection Systems, they are not designed to withstand cartwheel rollovers, only side to side roll overs where the tractor stops and does not flip upside down.

Some small Ag tractors for vineyard and orchard use have a low profile, and low center of gravity and in the case of John Deere have massive wide ag tractor tires.

The rule is if you do not have adhesion you cannot maintain traction. in the last year or so I have described how 400 ton 6 axle diesel locomotives maintain traction with steel wheels that have the contact area of an American minted dime and dry sand.

You gain adhesion from weight concentrated on the very narrow sliver amount of rubber contacting the roadway or driveway. You only benefit from mass and weight IF AND ONLY IF you have adhesion.
Driving too fast in heavy snow and icy road conditions negates the benefits of snow and ice chains.

The use of snow chains helps with maintaining traction in heavy conditions and mud in the case of log skidders skidders. Log skidders use several types and styles of snow and ice chains that also work in mud

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snowplow Automotive tire Vehicle Sky Snow removal

If you can buy a set of skid steer tracks with carbide tooth lug mounting plates like the ones in the picture you will have good traction.
__

Neck Sleeve Bag Pattern Creative arts

If you buy snow and ice chains like these H pattern V bar chains for a sub compact tractor for the front and rear tires and load the rear tires with windshield washer fluid or RIMGUARD you will have good traction.

The rules for maintaining safe working conditions always consist of the same thing. The safety triangle.

The Three A's of the Safety Triangle consists of 3 points; AWARE; ALERT; ALIVE.

(I was unable to create a triangle with the three words)

Be AWARE of your surroundings, including line of sight visibility, poor visibility from heavy snow and darkness affecting your line of sight vision, fog, person or persons working around you, working conditions like ice, mud, steep slopes-any slope above 15 degrees,
air temperature and humidity affecting your ability to work.

Be ALERT to any changes that could or would cause damage to property, injury to persons or death.

You and anyone working around you will stay ALIVE following the three A's.

I have chores to do.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts