Snowblower Forum banner
221 - 240 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
i will call ray o vac soon, get it from the horses mouth. i would like to get rechargeable version, but would like to stick to the old lamp. want to get it warm and fuzzy. LEDS are so clinical. want old school appearance. why so hard to get a $5 carbon zinc battery!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
There were two nice Honda hydrostatic mowers at the transfer station today; by the time I returned with a carrier, they were both gone...

• Sad
Reactions: Tony-chicago

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
no! you have to call the wife and get her involved! or tell the station worker to hold them.
My wife and MIL were already on the way to the lake, and I was on my way to join them. Oh, well...

And perhaps you don't remember this event...
There was an MTD Yard Machines tiller at the metal pile today. Unfortunately, my wife was with me, so it's still there...
View attachment 194857
big mistake taking the wife!

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
I do remember. Can’t compare a tiller to two hydro Hondas! The lake will be there tomorrow.
The point being, if my wife were involved, the mowers would still be at the transfer station anyway.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Speaking of Hondas... Someone had left this mower at the dump this past weekend but someone else had scavenged the recoil starter and had disconnected the fuel line from the gas tank, so there was fuel all over the deck. I reconnected the fuel line and brought it home. After adding a surplus recoil starter/adjusting the valves/cleaning the carb, I got it to start.

Unfortunately, its transmission is toast and it doesn't have a bag, so it'll most likely end up being an engine donor.

Tire Lawn mower Mower Automotive tire Wheel

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
The gray AYP Craftsman mower mentioned on post #206 would not start reliably with the blade brake clutch buttoned up, and since it's an old mower with most of those clutch parts harder to find, I decided to do a frankenswap using the drivetrain from the Honda mower mentioned on post #230.

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel

Removed the Honda engine from the Honda mower and onto the Craftsman deck it went. I was able to retain the Quadracut blade/blade adapter/drive pulley. It is a brake bail and a brake cable away from being operational:

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
Picked up this Delonghi PAC AN135EW Portable Air Conditioner at the swap shop. Appears to be unused and included the remote and the hose and window fittings. Still had the packing tapes and protective film on it and the filter was still sealed and spotless. Brought it in and fired it up and everything appears to be working fine. Happy Birthday to me!
Peripheral Output device Audio equipment Gadget Computer hardware

Attachments

221 - 240 of 298 Posts