Snowblower Forum banner
241 - 260 of 298 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Cool find, Biddle made high quality metering equipment.
Back in the day I used their Ducter and Megger products for testing industrial switchgear and cables.
I especially like the like new tan leather case for that tachometer.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
Worth fixing? Just pulled from metal pile. Missing recoil, rotted fuel lines. Looks commercial grade. Also construction light. Don’t know yet what powers light.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
Interesting trimmer design. Made in Louisiana. Plug mounted on the bottom, nice shiny silver manual choke adjustment on the rear. Gas tank/carb only one fuel line (vented cap). Heavy duty throttle trigger. No primer bulb. On/off switch.

Disassembled the front end and replaced the broken recoil rope. Will work on the fuel system next.

kind of a beast, would need a shoulder strap.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
All three were found within a 2 mile stretch by the side of the road about 15 minutes from my house.

The Toro AWD mower had really old fuel in the tank. A flush of the tank and a carb clean brought it back to life.

The Troy-bilt push mower needed a governor spring (the old one was really stretched out).

Neither came with bags, but I paired them both with suitable bags I had lying around. Both sold within a week.

The pressure washer needed the pump outlet tube replaced. I would be able to test it fully if it wasn't for the ongoing statewide ban on nonessential outdoor water use.

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Car

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
All three were found within a 2 mile stretch by the side of the road about 15 minutes from my house.

The Toro AWD mower had really old fuel in the tank. A flush of the tank and a carb clean brought it back to life.

The Troy-bilt push mower needed a governor spring (the old one was really stretched out).

Neither came with bags, but I paired them both with suitable bags I had lying around. Both sold within a week.

The pressure washer needed the pump outlet tube replaced. I would be able to test it fully if it wasn't for the ongoing statewide ban on nonessential outdoor water use.

View attachment 197985
how much are you getting for your mowers? i was able to sell several early on (market has cooled here!), from $50-$200.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 · (Edited)
hooray! after a lot of effort, was able to get the Paramount running. tricky with no primer bulb or carb return flush line. like a chainsaw (is made by Poulan), the recoil draws it in. if it doesn't fire up soon, you end up flooding the engine and carb and the fuel spills out the choke opening.

also, this takes oil/gas ratio of only 1:16 (8 oz/gallon). i don't do that for anything. most are around 1:40. some of my old chainsaws that i don't run might be near that.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Curb find, 2000 watt generator, like new, starts on 1st pull, AND Propane! No gas to go bad and during a power outage, you can refill propane. You never need to start it to see if it starts. This is my 4th generator curb find, All Power 8000 watt propane, a small Honda gas, and a very old, very heavy, gas generator. Plant Green Motor vehicle Bumper Grass
Vehicle registration plate Tire Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 · (Edited)
a recent dump find. folded up and dumped at the metal pile. Toro personal pace model 20334 (with key and battery, but battery is probably a goner). got it home, sprayed it down, unfolded it. pulled recoil, frozen. sprayed liquid wrench in the plug hole. let sit, pulled recoil, frozen. resprayed, did some research. discovered best way is to turn the blade top release the piston. did that, turned easy. recoil now normal. topped up the oil, new filter (old one disgusting), fresh gas, started up after a couple of pulls. smoked out the penetrant, then ran steady and clean. self-propel will need adjusting, and like to figure out battery pack. nice undamaged mower, even has a clean bag.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
nice find on the Toro mower. You can check compression / leak-down to see if the cylinder was damaged at all in the lock-up.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I picked up this 1995 Murray 4hp mower last week a few blocks from my house. A neighbor who was walking his dog sent me a text with a picture of this and an old Honda mower. I went right away but missed out on the Honda. Ughh. So I dragged the Murray home. One of the front wheels was not working, the bail cable was pinched, there was alot of oil on the deck around the engine, and the air filter assembly was missing. I took a look and the engine seemed ok, so I added some oil (it was way low) and squirted some fluid into the Murray carb and it fired. I added a bit of gas to the tank and it started and ran for 5 minutes. Not great, but it ran. But then I saw that the front wheel support bracket was trash, and cost ~$20 used. Not worth it, so its a parts machine.

Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Tire

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
Saturday's OPE dump haul:

Craftsman 32cc 2 cycle trimmer. l like that it has an aluminum rather than plastic string spool.

Toro Recycler mower. needed a new fuel line, air filter, general cleaning. not self propelled, which many do not need. runs well now.

Husqvarna Honda powered HU 800AWDX/BBC Model. no bag. gas pours out of, i believe, the carb. gonna have to disassemble that area. cleaned up very well. started it briefly. pretty expensive retail price of about $650.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
great finds rwh. I keep a non-self-propelled unit for cutting into the wooded area behind my house. Its not much area, but I prefer to push and pull the mower into the brush, in case I hit something (I can pull up the deck quickly). And the Husqy is OHV, nice.

Reactions: rwh963

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Not exactly a dump find, but I picked up this Simpson 2700PSI pressure washer today for $50. It has a Honda GCV160 and a brand new pump. Appears that the original owner didn't understand that you shouldn't run it without water connected. Going to give it some TLC and then gift it to my son (and hopefully get mine back).

Attachments

241 - 260 of 298 Posts