Snowblower Forum banner
101 - 120 of 162 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
i would like to sell some of these as is to people, but haven't had any luck with postings. i do think engines do well ($200-$300?) on ebay; otherwise, it is exhausting trying to part stuff out.

the snow-tek is in very nice shape. so mild rust, but was definitely stored indoors. two questions: are other rim/tire combos swappable for these tubeless tiny rim wonders? and, couldn't get any engine action yet. found the primer bulb rotted. did a temp swap, but just got gas pouring out of the carb. plug was wet. is the primer bulb just for drawing fuel into the carb? no return line like on a 2 cycle? even with a wet plug, zero ignition. new carb time?
Do you have good spark?
If not, try a different spark plug or could be a bad coil.
Do you have decent compression?
With fresh fuel down the hole or starting fluid in the carb, spark and compression, the engine should at least sputter a few times.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
the plug, an ngk, was wet with fuel when i pulled it. i did not drain tank/carb, just added some new fuel. unbeknownst to me, the prime line was rotted away, so priming couldn't have helped. the tank fill hole has a screen in it, so i could not see if it had fuel to start with. compression seems fine, recoil pulls easy and electric start work. given the layer of dust on it, it probably sat for a few years.

may post about it in the sno-tek section, but what about rims/tires. i believe they are bolt pinned on the chassis side of the rim to the shaft. like to upgrade, but don't recall larger rims like that,. at least not in my collection.

this is the older single speed (variable?) design. might have a female family member whom it would be good for in their situation. 20" bucket is good, lighter weight, single speed is easier operation, and doesn't need to throw snow far.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
grabbed this 30inch mtd/white ohsk318cc electric start with 1 amp 18 watt alt tecumseh today
had to take it apart to get in my car the guy was shocked needs 2 muffler bolts sucks its dual shaft
Waste container Automotive tire Asphalt Waste containment Road surface

art to get in my car the guy was shocked
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Bumper Fender
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
For your viewing pleasure. Morning dump grab. Early 20th century solid fuel yacht galley stove.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
mostly very good news. one rim is stuck on the axle. lubed it, deal later. augers turn! pulled shears, lubed, spun, re-bolted. primed three times, easy recoil pull, fired up smooth. accelerated in one speed fine, augers kicked in good. for me, one of those rare easy restores.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
the primer line was missing/rotted. thats why the PO told me had trouble starting it. i learned on my chainsaw site that full choke will eventually get fuel to the carb (if the primer is having issues). just takes longer.

101 - 120 of 162 Posts