Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day! IL looking at purchasing a Power Clear 821 this season and am torn between the two models. The RZ specs say that it is more of a commercial model with "commercial-grade ergonomic and enhanced handle, and extended life paddles" but this description is not included in the QZE model. The QZE model includes the remote chute control and the electric start. I don't know if I would need the electric start but do like the remote chute control. Are the ergonomic grade handle "game changers" and worth sacrificing the remote chute control? I could always get the extended life paddles at a later date when needed.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Both the RC and QZE now have the same "ergonomic handle."

The QZE can be upgraded to "commercial" by replacing two "residential" black knobs with four "commercial" bolts and flange nuts from the RC model.

Or the QZE and RC can be upgraded to "Super HD grade" by spot welding the two sections of same "ergonomic" handles together.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both the RC and QZE now have the same "ergonomic handle."

The QZE can be upgraded to "commercial" by replacing two "residential" black knobs with four "commercial" bolts and flange nuts from the RC model.

Or the QZE and RC can be upgraded to "Super HD grade" by spot welding the two sections of same "ergonomic" handles together.
Thanks for the reply. Are the black knobs there just so that the handle can be "easily" folder over for transport and/or storage? Are they prone to breaking?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On a similar note, how easy is it to pick one of these up and put it in the back of a truck or in the hatch of a SUV? I'm not worried about the weight, but more on what you can grab and lift on if you are by yourself? Is it an awkward lift if you are doing it yourself?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts